I Don't Know

Jackie's POV :

"I'm sorry." Cody simply said gazing into my eyes.

I quirk my eyebrow. "That's all? After weeks, that's all you've got to say?" I ask

He sighs and folds his hands. "I should have let you speak, given you time. I'm sorry I didn't, I really am Jackie. But I want you to tell me if that's how you really felt. I haven't received a message from you for about a week."

Frustration builds over my body. "YOU'RE MAD BECAUSE I HAVEN'T TEXTED IN A WEEK!" I yell but then continue, "You have been ignoring me for two months Cody. TWO! You've ignored me and you haven't even thought about my feelings, only yours."

He looks down shamefully, suddenly making me feel bad. I feel the tears running down my face.

"These past two months have been hell, Cody." I say softly causing him to look up. He had tears in his eyes and it killed me.

"I cried myself to sleep so many times, I think I've written enough songs for a life time." I softly chuckle and remember the various songs I've written these past two months.

"I feel like Taylor Swift getting dumped every week and we were never even dating." I state looking down at my lap.

"Do you?" He asks catching my attention and making me look at him.

"What do you mean?" I find myself asking.

"Do you want to, you know," he pauses looking down at his lap then at me, "date."

I sigh softly. "I don't know."

"I mean, if you like me, if you don't then, I get it I guess. I just assumed since-." I laughed softly at his nervousness.

I liked when boys were nervous around me, it makes me feel like they care.

"I really like you Cody." I answer and then sigh looking at the ceiling.

"Damn, I don't like you. I love you." I whisper looking at the now so interesting roof.

I look at Cody and his eyes were widened. "That's enough for me."

I shake my head. "That's not enough." I whisper

His face gets red in anger. "THEN! I LOVE YOU, YOU LOVE ME. WHATS SO DIFFICULT?" He yells startling me.

I look at him and feel a tear slip down my face. "It's not that simple."

He makes a non-human sound and gets up. "Nothing's ever simple with you." He spats and storms into the recording studio.

I pull my knees up to my face and quietly sob into them.

Couldn't he understand that it's not so simple, we haven't been in each other's life in TWO MONTHS and he wants to act as if nothing occurred during that time period.

Well news flash, shit happened. I also had a near death experience giving me a whole new perspective in life. He can't just storm into my life and expect me to be waiting for him with hugs and kisses. That's just not how it works.

After a few minutes I hear the door open and make a loud thud, I stay still and hear something drop to the floor. I look up and see Cody walking away into the elevator avoiding eye contact. Once the doors close I look down besides me to see a blue CD with his face and a title that said 'Surfers Paradise'.

'His new album.' My mind echoes.

I sigh grabbing it and lifting my body up.

Paradise. He's been in fucking paradise for the past two months?