Chapter 6: Off-Campus

"After five years," Kitty said with a smile, "we finally returned and now this will be our new home."

Bree chuckled as she responded, "Until I find a hottie and kick you out so he can move in."

Julie put an arm around each of them and sighed, "I love this so much. It's a lovely house, but I'm just glad to have the two of you around again. This is so exciting!"

The three girls hugged, standing on the front lawn of the house Kitty and Bree had just purchased. "I call dibs on the master bedroom!" Kitty exclaimed, letting go and rushing towards the door.

"Bitch, I put in more than half of the money!" Bree shouted as she chased after her. 

Julie laughed, remaining outside to enjoy the moment just a bit longer. Her peace ended, however, when her phone rang and she saw that it was Sebastian. "What do you want?" she answered, annoyed.

"Well, hello to you, too," he said. She could picture the annoying, arrogant grin on his face as he said, "You sound sexy. What are you wearing?"

Rolling her eyes and hoping he could sense it, she said, "Seriously, I'm in the middle of something. What is it?"

"Just calling to remind you that we're going to Adonis tonight," Sebastian answered her. "Wear something hot to recruit a singer, preferably a dude because we've already got Satan-I mean, Santana-and it'd be super great if we could get someone to sing that song from last night as a duet. You grew up in Lima, you were in a glee club. I'm sure you know all the greatest solo acts, so start making a few calls and see if we can get someone on stage with her."

"Ok, whatever," Julie responded. "But just so you know, it's going to get a little difficult with you living in Westerville and having a record label and studio in Lima."

"Are you suggesting I move there and make an hour and a half commute to Dalton every day?" Sebastian asked.

She shrugged and said, "You can do whatever you want but that's what everyone else is doing these days. Take Jesse, for example. He commutes to Akron for two and a half hours every day and then back that same afternoon. He loved Vocal Adrenaline, obviously, but he loves his girlfriend Quinn even more. Eventually he moved to Lima. So you'll have to decide which of your jobs is just temporary and which one you want to turn into your career." Before Sebastian could respond, Julie made sure to end the call, tired of the conversation and hoping to spend some time with her best friends in making their new house a home.

***

"Did you just ask me to go clubbing?" Finn asked as Jesse stood beside him while he supervised a gym of fifty students doing mindless exercises.

Jesse nodded and said, "I heard through the grapevine that Sebastian Smythe is taking Julie to Adonis tonight. Looks like he's buttering her up to close the Warbler deal."

"Dude, I already talked to her yesterday," Finn sighed. "She's not joining the Warbler director team. She's just working for him at the new label he started."

Jesse thought about this, his face contorted as he tried to make sense out of Finn's words, and said, "That's the perfect ruse. He draws her into his little record label to get her on his good side and then next thing you know, they're sipping drinks at a club and she's agreeing to help the Warblers crush Vocal Adrenaline and the New Directions at Sectionals, Regionals, and whatever else we get to face off at."

"Ok, how about this then?" Finn said, looking for a way to calm Jesse's paranoia, which he was partially responsible for creating. "The Warblers technically have a new team now that Dalton merged with that creepy all-girl school. Their group went from a male a capella to a co-ed one. That means they have to be re-invited into the competition world. We go to Adonis tonight, not to stop whatever's going on with Julie, but to stop the Warblers on our own."