Chapter 80: The Last Time

This took forever. I didn't have internet and my computer's battery died so it took a while to get everything I needed. And now I can post this! Whoo!

Good News. This is super long and--I think--worth the wait.

Bad News. Or good news, in a way. This chapter focuses A LOT on our original main characters, Julie and John. Mostly Julie, naturally. But the point is that they were meant to be at the center of everything and the other characters will be taking a backseat for this one. 

Good News. Not too much singing going on. Though, this could also be bad news, there's a lot of plot to replace the singing that could've been.

Bad News... Ending may not be happy for all... Sorry, but it is what it has to be!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't believe that they'll really do it," Alex said, sitting in the board room with Tyler, Sam, Amity, Dan, and Santana. "John can't go through with it." They were waiting for a meeting to begin and, unable to talk about anything else, had jumped right into the subject of John's most recent announcement that he and Leila were to be wed sometime in the summer.

"Are you jealous that you won't have a boyfriend anymore?" Dan asked him jokingly. Alex shot him a look, but playfully nodded, wiping away an invisible tear.

"If you ask me, they each ought to do something better with their lives," Santana interjected, seeming bored by the topic. "Why would anyone want to commit to so much when you're going to be apart and on the road all the time either way?" She turned to Sam and added, "That's not shade towards you, either. Oh and I heard about your baby momma. What is that all about? Engagements, pregnant ex-girlfriends, members leaving and returning... Crystal Army sure was busy during my promotional tour."

"How was that?" Tyler asked politely.

"It was fascinating!" Santana beamed, completely out-of-character in all her joy. Then she looked at Sam once again and said, "You have to explain a lot to me. But first—"

Sam rolled his eyes just as the door opened. Sebastian, John and Julie walked in, joining them. They were lucky, as Santana was about to turn her attention to Dan and interrogate him on his irrational kiss with Amy and his break up with Peyton, the latter whom Santana had always privately regarded as 'the best thing to happen to Dan' and 'completely out of his league'.

"Let's begin this meeting, shall we?" Sebastian began, cutting the conversation short. "Santana's back, as you can all see. I believe we all owe her well-deserved praise for what she has been able to accomplish now that she has focused and pulled away from the rest of your lot. She's earned herself enough fame to guarantee a successful album launch, not to mention a tour for the summer. It won't be a very extensive tour but she'll be hitting major cities in small venues and gaining more fans. This brings me to my next point... You all need to do something about the fans."

He was looking at the band, giving them a very serious look. "What's wrong with the fans?" asked Sam, concerned.

"What's wrong?" Sebastian repeated incredulously. "For months now they've been told that there is a possibility John was leaving the band. Sam, you have yet to make any public statements about the wedding disaster, giving Mandy complete control of the narrative. Not to mention, I'm sure they'll have pretty mixed feelings about the two of you when this one pops."

He pointed a finger to Julie, who made a face, insulted by his crass language. Amity cleared her throat and said, "If I may... I think there's a simple solution to all of this." Everyone looked at her, waiting. "Well," she began when she had their attention, "John needs to make a personal but very public statement telling the fans that he is not leaving the band. Maybe he can mention that he has had side projects but that his priority will always be the music and his brothers. As for Sam and Julie... I think they need to date."