Chapter 64: Love Heals

"There you are!" Alex exclaimed as Julie left the building, her phone sticking out of her back pocket. "I've been waiting for like two whole minutes!"

Julie made a face. "I should've taken longer," she told him. "But you're lucky Sebastian said he was going to a Warblers practice and let me go. So... What now?"

"We need to find Avery and we need to find her now," Alex said, leading Julie down to his car, which was illegally parked at the side of the street. "Do you have any clue where she could've possibly gone?"

"Let me check her Facebook and see what she's into..." Julie nodded, pulling her phone out as they got into his car. After a few seconds of scrolling, she gasped.

"You find something?" Alex asked.

"Yeah," Julie nodded in awe. "Quinn and Jesse are having a boy!"

Alex groaned. "Women..." he mumbled. "Ok, that's great for them and your little nephew or whatever he'll be to you, but we have a problem."

"You have a problem," Julie responded. "I have great hair."

Rolling his eyes, Alex drove into the next street and sighed, "I can't lose Amity's sister. We just started being good friends again and the last thing I need is her to be mad at me."

"Especially after she publicly called you the greatest," Julie nodded.

Alex shook his head, surprised that Julie was in such a great mood in spite of everything that was happening. "Ok, there are very few things you're good at," he told her. "One of those things is convincing Jake to do things for you even though you don't deserve it."

Julie frowned. "You expect me to help you like this?"

"I know you'll help me," he nodded. "Because I deserve it from you. Now help. Where can she be?"

Julie thought about it for a second. "Have you tried Stefan? Or Luke?"

Alex snapped his fingers. "They were both all over her!" he exclaimed. "I think it's Stefan."

"Could be Luke," Julie shrugged. "So what do you want to dose?"

"Let me find out where Stefan is," he said, pulling over. "I'll call Bree. You figure out where Luke is, got it?" Julie nodded. The two of them were on their phones for a few minutes before finally regrouping.

Julie shook her head. "Luke is going with Sebastian to the Dalton practice for Regionals."

"Cool, let's go there," Alex sighed. "Stefan is nowhere to be found."

"Nowhere?" Julie raised an eyebrow.

"Fine, he's with Bree," he rolled his eyes. "And I don't want to interrupt them."

"Why?" she made a face. "They don't have any—"

"I know but..." he tried to explain. "He's been around Amity a lot lately and if he could just go back to Bree then I would feel a lot—"

"Alexis, are you jealous?" she teased.

He rolled his eyes. "The point is that I doubt he'd take her with Bree."

"Have you met Stefan?" Julie asked. "I think we should go there, Alex. He's likely to tell Amity that Avery's with him."

Alex thought about this. "That would ruin everything," he agreed. "But if she's going with Luke to Dalton then it's more urgent because it's far and Sebastian is—"

"—a snake?" Julie finished hopefully.

Alex smiled. "I have an idea... How do you feel about public transportation?"