Chapter 58: Rehearsal Dinner

Another chapter that is relatively short. The wedding is up next! :D

—————————————————————————————-

Thursday, March 18... 2 days before the wedding...

"Alex!" Stefan called down as he stormed into his apartment, nearly knocking down the door. Alex had been in his room, listening to some demos, when he heard the shouts and walked out to see what was going on.

He nearly gasped when he saw Stefan there, carrying Julie in his arms as the latter appeared to be passed out, with sweat running down her forehead.

"I went by the school to hit on the new dance teacher," Stefan began to explain, "who I hear is a hottie. But before I could even see her, this girl decides she's going to faint."

"It wasn't exactly a choice..." Julie mumbled, slowly opening her eyes. "I don't feel well."

"You need to go to the hospital," Alex told her as Stefan set her down on the couch.

"No..." Julie mumbled, staring up at the ceiling.

Stefan added, "I already tried and she's stubborn. She doesn't want doctors."

"I just need sleep," Julie added.

"How did this happen?" Alex asked her, taking a seat beside her. "I thought you were feeling better..."

"I don't know," she lied. "I'm taking my meds, though. I swear."

"Yeah, I think this is more than that," Alex felt her forehead. "You have a fever."

"I can't," Julie groaned. "The musical is tomorrow."

"You've helped out enough," Alex told her. "Just... Get some rest. I'd stay here with you but I know you have to work so... Stefan will take care of you."

"I will?" Stefan asked. Alex gave him a look. "I will!"

"I have to get going now," Alex said with worry. "Take care. Call me if you need anything."

Stefan nodded and took his seat beside Julie as Alex left. When they were alone, he stared down at her and said, "You look yucky... But don't feel bad... I'd still tap that." He wiped her sweaty hair out of her face and couldn't help but recall what Bree had once been like when she was eighteen and at her lowest.

***

"How did it go?" Amity asked as soon as she spotted Alex that evening in the studio.

"Not well," he admitted. "But it's even clearer now that she also has doubts about the wedding."

"John..." Amity sighed. "Last week you were questioning your career and now this romance that may only exist in your head... Why don't you just let them be? Think of Sam."

"I am thinking of Sam," John replied. "Imagine what would happen if he married her without knowing she wasn't 100 percent his. That she had kissed another man."

"You're going to tell him?" Amity gasped.

"I'm going to give Mandy one last chance to tell him herself," John answered. "And after that, I will stop that wedding myself if I have to."

Amity bit her lip. It seemed like everyone around her was going crazy and she had no idea how to help them without betraying their trust and invading their privacy.

***

Mandy was too preoccupied with the impending nuptials to worry about what John could or could not do to ruin her marriage. Her wedding dress was still at Bree's shop and the last thing she had to do before heading home was go pick it up.