Chapter 23: Welcome Back

"Rachel Berry," Santana said as she walked into the auditorium, "you better have a good reason for calling me to the school at 8 am on a Monday morning because I—"

Stopping halfway towards the stage, Santana froze in shock at seeing Brittany appear from behind the piano, sitting next to Rachel. The blonde waved at her and before either of them could say a word, the music began and they were joined by the rest of their old group.

["Come Home" by OneRepublic ft. Sara Bareilles.]

Brittany: Hello world. Hope you're listening. Forgive me if I'm young. For speaking out of turn. There's someone I've been missing. I think that they could be. The better half of me...

Puck, his arm around Mercedes, walked towards the piano, ignoring the fact that Santana was still just standing by herself. 

Puck with Mercedes: They're in the wrong place trying to make it right. But I'm tired of justifying.
Puck: So I say to you...

As Mercedes hugged Rachel and Puck hugged Brittany, Santana forced herself to take a step forward. Thankfully, Finn had already taken some of the attention away when he and Tina sang together, a combination that was rarely heard and now very admired.

Tina and Finn: Come home. Come home.
Rachel: Cause I've been waiting for you.
Tina and Finn: For so long. For so long.
Rachel, Tina, Finn, Brittany, Mercedes and Puck: Right now there's a war between the vanities. But all I see is you and me. The fight for you is all I've ever known.
Mercedes: So come home. Oh.

Quinn, with Jesse's arms lovingly around her, felt incredibly grateful to see some of her friends again. She reached a hand out to grab Mike's as the altter placed an arm around Tina. They were all together now. And as Artie smiled at her and began to sing, it felt like nothing had changed.

Artie and Tina: I get lost in the beauty. Of everything I see. The world ain't half as bad. As they paint it to be. If all the sons. All the daughters. Stopped to take it in. Well hopefully the hate subsides and the love can begin.
Artie: It might start now, yeah. Well maybe I'm just dreaming out loud. Until then...

Santana sighed and realized she was probably not giving the right message by standing back. Now more than ever she needed her friends on her side, so she took a deep breath and walked up the steps to the stage.

Santana with alumni: Come home. Come home. Cause I've been waiting for you. For so long. For so long. Right now there's a war between the vanities. But all I see is you and me. The fight for you is all I've ever known. Ever known. So come home. Oh.

Quinn let go of everyone she was currently touching to step forward and pull Santana towards them. Rachel also did the same, putting a welcoming hand on Santana's shoulder. They were there for her, like always, and even when everyone else seemed like a stranger to her, those two didn't.

Quinn with Mike: Everything I can't be. Is everything you should be.
All: And that's why I need you here.
Mike (Quinn): Everything I can't be (Everything I can't be) Is everything you should be (Is verything you should be). And that's why I need you here. 
Kurt and Mike: So hear this now...

A part of Kurt was thankful that Blaine had stayed back with their daughter and Olivia at Finn and Rachel's house, where they'd been staying. After all, this was the original glee club. With the exception of Matt, they were the people who made it feel complete and no other group of people belonged on the stage like they did.

All: Come home. Come home. Cause I've been waiting for you. For so long. For so long. Right now there's a war between the vanities. But all I see is you and me. The fight for you is all I've ever known. Ever known. So come home. Come home.