Chapter 5: I Will Fall

Merry Christmas (Eve)! Here's my present and hopefully I'll get to update some more later this week!
--------------------------------------------------

"That's what I'm talking about!" Sebastian exclaimed as Julie finished guiding his few girls through vocal exercises to help them harmonize. He pulled Julie aside and said, "They've done great today so I ordered them some pizza. Should be here any second. They deserve a treat and so do you. Lima Bean? My treat?"

"You love that place, don't you?" Julie said, shaking her head. "Anyway, no, I can't. I actually have to head out soon."

"To your nonexistent job?" he asked.

"Does everyone care that much that I'm unemployed?" she responded incredulously. As he chuckled, she said, "Actually, I want to go work on that song I wrote before our recording session tomorrow."

"Ok," Sebastian nodded. "I'll see you then." Julie nodded back at him and walked away, towards the door. She stopped, however, after opening it and finding one of Finn's kids at the door, a few boxes of pizza on hand.

"Juliet?" he said.

"Jeremy, right?" she responded sheepishly.

He nodded, grinning excitedly as he said, "This is my job, remember? I saw the address and basically gagged. Dalton, icky. But now that you're here it's not—Wait... Why are you here?"

"It's not what it looks like," she said, walking past him. Before turning down the hall, she looked back and said, "Oh and, could you maybe not mention this to anyone?"

"Of course," Jeremy agreed, waving goodbye as she left.

***

"Guess who I just saw at Dalton Academy!" Jeremy exclaimed when he walked into the choir room for glee club. Finn looked up at him, surprised, and waited to hear the news.

***

"We need to talk," Finn said from the entrance of the Carmel High School. Jesse, who was busy with Vocal Adrenaline, looked up from a rehearsal, wondering why Finn Hudson would visit him there. They were good friends now, but that didn't take away the fact that they were coaches of rival show choirs.

Jesse turned back to his kids and said, "Take five. And that means five minutes." As the dancers dispersed, he walked off the stage and joined Finn in the front row. "What's going on?" he asked.

"We haven't done this in a while," Finn said. "But we may have to work together. I think the New Directions lost Julie to the enemy."

"I know I tried poaching her for years, but—" Jesse protested.

Finn shook his head and calmly said, "Not you. The Warblers." Shocked at these news, Jesse considered the possibility of being betrayed by his own flesh and blood. It was one thing to betray your team as a member of a show choir but... Directors were much more loyal. Only a Broadway offer was strong enough to cause something like this, so why was Julie in cahoots with Dalton?

***

"Being in cahoots against Julie is fun," Kitty giggled as she and her roommate, Luke, put a couple of Julie's bras in the freezer. "What's next?"

Luke grinned and said, "We've pretty much vandalized her bedroom, we've hid her favorite booties, and now it's time to do something that'll really drive her nuts."

"O-M-G are we messing with her hair?" Kitty asked, loving every moment of this.

He laughed and said, "Better."

Kitty squealed. Although she had no idea what they were going to do, she was excited. It'd been a long time since she'd had this much fun and messing with Julie was always a plus. She was the perfect prank target.