Chapter 15

Welcome everyone tonight," Timmy says to the camera as he sits at his desk. "I am here with the cast of Into the Unknown." The camera shifts to us sitting on the couch. We wave as it passes us and heads back to Timmy. The crowd claps before Timmy speaks. "Tonight we are going to have a riff-off. Except it's nothing like you've seen," Timmy says, laughing at our reactions. "We'll be by ourselves and the band is going to give us a beat of a song which you have to sing a popular song that matches the beat."
We all look at each other and share a look. We can all sing pretty well, but the ones who can sing very well is me and Caleb. "Grab a microphone and meet me over to the stage," Timmy says, grabbing his microphone. I stand up, grab a random microphone and follow Maddie to the stage. We stand in a semi-circle and look at Timmy, to explain what we have to do next. Maddie is wearing a sleeveless casual flowy pink skater dress and Hunter is wearing a black dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up and the shirt is tucked in with black dress pants and a black belt. Noah is wearing a blue dress shirt, beige khakis and the watch I got him for our two month anniversary. Caleb is wearing a navy blue collared shirt, black suit jacket and blue jeans whereas I am wearing a grey blouse, black cardigan and a pair of navy blue jeans.
"I have to warn you guys," Timmy says, chuckling. "I am an old man so I don't know the newest songs." We all laugh and I am gripping the microphone.
"Alright," Timmy says. "The rules of the game are that the band is going to play a beat of a song and anyone of us has to sing a song that has the same beat. If you don't match the beat, you are out of the round. We'll play two rounds." We all nod as the crowd cheers.
"Alright, Roots, give us a beat!" yells Timmy.
"One...two...three," says the drummer before drumming a beat. The guitarist strums a chord and changes on the second beat. I know the song but forget the lyrics. Noah steps out and sings into the microphone the sings that I had in my head.
"Usually I would be out on a Friday night
Uh, out with some friends of some friends that I barely like
I, I'm typically right where I want, when I wanna be," Noah sings to the crowd. He walks over to me, takes my hand and pulls me to the front of the stage and spins me around.
"But girl tonight, I'm wherever you need me
Usually, you would stay in on a Friday night
Chillin' at home on your couch with a book you like
I love how you're right where you want when you wanna be
But girl tonight, you should be next to me
Yeah, there's a million places
With some pretty faces
I think we could get along
Yeah, there's a thousand parties
In this city probably
But here we could be alone." Noah finishes, smiling at me. The crowd cheers as we walk back into the circle. Timmy high-fives Noah and speaks into the microphone, saying, "Well, that was an amazing way to start this game off." Noah looks over at me and winks at me. I shake my head, smiling.
We go to the next song, which Hunter sings Six Feet Apart by Alec Benjamin. Then, Caleb sings Black in White by Niall Horan. Hearing Caleb singing the song brings back memories of when Alex and I were dating. "Alright let's do one last one," Timmy says, looking at me. Once I hear the beat drop of the next song, I start singing.
"I can't write one song that's not about you
Can't drink without thinking' about you
Is it too late to tell you that
Everything means nothing if I can't have you?" I sing as I point to the crowd.
"I'm in Toronto and I got this view
But I might as well be in a hotel room, yeah
It doesn't matter 'cause I'm so consumed
Spending all my nights reading texts from you
Oh, I'm good at keepin' my distance
I know that you're the feelin' I'm missing
You know that I hate to admit it
But everything means nothin' if I can't have you." I pull Noah to the front of the stage, who then pulls everyone and we start singing the rest of the song together. "The cast of Into the Unknown!" yells Timmy into the crowd, who is cheering while we continue to sing. The camera cuts off as we sing the last line of the song.
As we climb into the car to head back to the studio, I realise that this is my family; the love of my life, three best friends with me, that will always be with me wherever I go. Once the show ends and we depart, I know that we'll keep in touch because we are a family, we will always be apart of each other's lives.