Chapter 6

Sighing, I follow Alex into his apartment. I close my eyes once I sit on the couch. It's ten o'clock and my phone has been going vibrating all night. I check my phone to see that is it filled with news about the event, messages and a news article about me and Alex. I'm staying with Alex for a while until I can find an apartment in LA. I stopped paying rent at my apartment so I gave my last months notice to the landlord. I took everything from the apartment that I needed to Ohio so I wasn't worried about my belongings.

I hear Alex's footsteps approach the couch when I open my eyes. "The guest room is set up for you, Millie," Alex says as he leans against the couch and looks at me. I lift my head. "Thanks for letting me stay here," I say, standing up, avoiding his eyes.

"Of course. You're welcome to stay as long as you like." I try to leave the room but was stopped by Alex's hand on my arm. "Hey." I hear him say quietly. I look up to face him. "I am sorry for how I treated you tonight. It was wrong of me to do that to you." He releases his grip on me and sighs.

"Why'd you do it?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"I don't know," Alex replies simply. "I guess that I wanted tonight to go well for us. Mostly for you." I close my eyes and sigh.
"That is not a good reason."
"Well what do you want me to say to you, Millie?" Alex snaps. His hands form a fist and he opens and closes his fingers. Lately, he has been have difficulties controlling his anger. He talked with a therapist and it's been helping him but not a lot.

"How about, I am sorry for hurting you?" I say, angrily.

"What do you mean that I hurt you?" Alex asks. I shake my head and mutter, "Never mind."

"No tell me, Millie," Alex says, raising his voice. I flinch slightly at his tone but recover quickly before he could notice.

"While we were answering Hailey's questions, you squeezed me so tightly that my right side actually hurts,' I say.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because, Alex!" I yell. "We were in front of photographers, fans, paparazzi and not to mention Matthew Graves!"

"Well you could have told me when we were driving over here!" Alex yells, punching the wall.

"Because I thought that you didn't care!" I let my words hang in the air, shocking us both of what I said.

"You don't think that I care about you?" Alex asks softly that it scares me a bit.

"Not right now," I say avoiding his eyes. He walks up to me slowly that I back up until my back hits the wall. He leans in close to me and whispers in my ear, "Well, I do care about you Millie Greyson. Just not right now." With that said, he walks away, leaving me gasping for air against the wall and closing my eyes.

I walk into the bathroom in the guest room and wash off my makeup and put on my pyjamas. I walk out of the bedroom and see Alex wearing sweatpants and sitting on the couch with his guitar in his hand. I sit beside him and listen to him play.

"Black and White, right?" I ask once I recognise the song.

"What?" asks Alex, stopping the music.

"The song your playing," I say. "Black and White by Niall Horan?"

Alex nods his head and looks at me. Silence takes over the room. We don't know what to say after our fight.

"You know the lyrics?" he asks. I nod my head. "What if we went live on Instagram, right now?"

"Sure," I agree even though I don't want to. I don't want to get on Alex's bad side because I've seen him when he's in that state of mind and it's not pretty. Alex takes out his phone, positions it so you can see me and him and press live. Within five minutes, we have 10.9k people on.

"Hey, guys, "Alex starts. "Mills and I have something to play for you tonight."

"Enjoy Black and White," I say. "Credits go to Niall Horan." Alex clears his throat and strums the guitar.

"I promise that I'll love you for the rest of my life," sings Alex, looking at me lovingly as if the fight we had less then five minutes ago didn't happen. Sometimes I don't know which side of Alex I get. Somedays he is really sweet and loving while other days he acts like how he did tonight.

"I promise that I'll love you for the rest of my life," I sing looking at him. I feel that whatever is between us is strained as we sing this song. Black and White is supposed to be a romantic ballad, not a song you sing after a messy fight. Especially if you had a fight gruesome as what we had minutes ago.

Together, we sing the bridge and Alex finishes the song. I look at the comments once Alex sings the last line and read some. He sets his guitar down and picks up the phone. "Thank you for those who watch this live. We have hope you enjoyed the performance," Alex says. "Enjoy the movie. The Quarterback that is now out in theatres," I add as I wave goodbye. We stare as the comment flood the screen, reading them to our selves.
Oh my God, you both are couple goals!

Millie, your voice is beautiful!

I just got back from the theatres after watching The Quarterback. The most beautiful and amazing movie I've ever seen.

Once Alex ends the live, my phone rings. I grab my phone off the table and answer it.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Millie!" yells Sam. "I have amazing news!"

"What is it?" I ask, excitedly standing up.

"You have been offered the role of Elle Harrison on Into the Unknown!"