Chapter 3

I am sitting in a chair in a room with Alex beside me as we prepare ourselves for our first interview as a couple. I see that fans are going crazy for our relationship, calling us couple goals all over social media. When I am not filming, I spend time with Alex, trying to get to know him and relaxing by myself. We have become great friends and even though we don't have romantic chemistry, we have on-screen chemistry and a strong friendship.

I have spoken to my family and Allie a lot, filling them in about the movie and told them that we are nearly done filming. The movie is coming to theatres on July 4th, two days after the movie premiere which is in LA and Alex's birthday. I told Allie the truth about Alex and I's relationship and she promised me that she won't tell anyone.

When I am by myself, I started watching this show called Into the Unknown that stars Noah Eaton, Caleb Smith, Maddie Davis and Hunter Crane. The show is about a teenager whose name is Troy Wilson, who goes missing suddenly and a bunch of monsters emerge from the game that the boys play. Zach and Lila Fox, who are twins and best friends with Troy, pair up with the new kid who is a genius to find Troy and defeat the monsters.

There are only seven episodes so far since each of them is an hour-long. I follow the show on Instagram and saw that they were looking for an actress to play the new character that is coming in season two, so I called Sam and asked her if she can try and land me an audition. They plan to do seven episodes per season according to their Instagram page. She called me yesterday with news that I had to send in an audition tape and read a scene from the script. She emailed me a PDF version and told me what scene the directors wanted me to do. Reading over the script, I sigh as I grab my iPhone to film myself. Once I finished taping my video, I sent it in and haven't heard back yet.

"You ready?" asks Alex with a small smile.

"Nope," I say laughing. He chuckles and smiles back. "Don't worry, Mills. You're going to do great." I nod and see a woman enter the room. She introduces herself as Emily and she'll be interviewing us from Fox 5.

"Rolling in 3...2...1!" I hear one of the cameramen yells out.

"So what is this movie about?" asks Emily. I look at Alex and give him a nod. 'Um," begins Alex. Matthew told us to say a summary of the movie but don't give away anything before the interview. "It's about an eighteen-year-old man whose name is Nick Evans. He transfers to East Shore High School for his senior year after he escapes an abusive household at the hands of his father."

"The second Nick steps on East Shore's property, he's the popular quarterback and living the American dream," I add. Alex looks at me and nods. Emily turns her attention to me. "And you play Lauren Bradford, right?"

"Yes," I respond.

"Millie, is this your first role?" questions Emily.

"Um, this is my first lead role," I admit. "But I had small roles in other famous TV shows like Dungeons in the Underworld and Castle Neverland."

"I also heard that you want to audition for Into the Unknown," Emily says, "Is that true?"

"Um." I look at Alex for help but he shakes his head as to say that he can't help me answer the question. "Yes, that is true. I haven't heard back yet, but I am hoping that I get a callback," I answer. Emily nods and asks Alex a question. I tune out of the conversation because my mind wanders. I want to be able to be apart of the Into the Unknown cast and show. It will be good for my career.

"Before we end, I wanted to ask both of you questions," Emily says.

"Shoot," Alex says smiling, grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers.

"I have heard rumours that your relationship is a publicity stunt. Can you confirm if it is true or not?" asks Emily. Alex narrows his eyes and leans forwards. "Millie and my relationship is not a publicity stunt. I am in love with her." He looks at me and for a second, I see that his eyes show love. "I have been since I first saw her when she stepped into the set," he says softly. I smile and kiss his cheek. Emily smiles at our show of affection and proceeds with the next question.

"Is there anything that you want to tell the fans about the movie? Like when it is releasing to theatres, or what to look forward to?"

"The movie is coming to theatres on July 4th so be prepared and buy tickets on July 1st," I say excitedly.

"The movie is filled with ups and downs, shockers and of course," Alex says, taking my hand again and looking at me before continuing. "Romance."

"Things that the fans need to look forward to is to be ready to go on an emotional rollercoaster and we want them to leave the theatre to known that dreams do come true," I add, smiling at Alex then at Emily.

"Okay, cut!" someone yells. Alex and I leave the room and shake Emily's hand. I breathe out the air that I have been holding in and laugh lightly. "How was your first interview?" he asks.

"Nerve-racking," I admit, earning a laugh from Alex.