Chapter 7

"Rise and shine... Pumpkin! You got to be ready by two!" Zeus' voice breaks my cold sweat and I bury my head in the cold satin pillow.

   "Zeus?" I ask.

   "Not time for chit chat... Effie will kill!"

   "Okay." I slouch and shuffle into the bathroom where I see Zeus has already planted some sort of concoction into my usual morning bath.

   The green mush is sort of soothing and smells like fresh mint with a hint of orange.

    Zeus lifts my bare leg from the tub and examines it.

   "Zeus?" I shout struggling out of his grip.

   "Not as bad as your mother's were." He blinks, "Cinna told me all about how Octavia was complaining about the mass of hair."

   "Yeah... Well I was lucky mom bought me a Razor at eleven! Now let go!"

   "A simple shave wil do."

   "Good!"

   "Jeez! Fiesty much?"

   "I'm sorry... Now what do you want me to wear?" Zeus disappears behind the wall and I can hear him creak the wardrobes doors open.

   "This!"

   I stare at the pink orange sparkly... well gown. A pure gold bow ties in the back as it wraps around the upper hips. Glitter has drenched the dress in an iridescence of beauty that seems to mesmerize. It has a sort of heart cut top with no sleeves, and the entire dress glows like the sun.

   "Oh my gosh Zues it... It's beautiful."

   "Cinna designed it before the rebellion... It was originally for Prim... For the victory ceremony Katniss and Peeta... I mean  your mom and dad were suppose to give at the end of the rebellion."

   "But than Prim died and so did Coin... and so did Cinna." My voice trails of with my thoughts.

   "Well... It is over now. Hop in. Oh and these are the shoes." He pulls out four inch high gold heals.

   "Beautiful but I will fall."

   "Don't worry we will figure something out!"

   I dress and find he has already got every ounce of makeup found in every nook and cranny of his tributes bag.

   I close my eyes and let him work his magic.

   "There! Beautiful!" Zeus' eyes are planted on mine.

   I get up and look in the mirror to find something erupting from my body... it literally is glowing... like, like the sun.

   "Zeus... It's magical."

   "You are now... Rosie The Girl Who Shone Brighter Than The Sun."

   "Oh Zeus."

   "Now come on we have to go."

   We walk down the stairs and enter the glass elevator.

   I stop and stair at my reflection in the clear glass.

   "You may want to spin... Cinna was known for his twirl shifts."

   "Okay... I won't go on fire right?"

   "I can't answer that." I suddenly become very nervous and find myself inhaling and exhaling fast.

   Zeus seems to discover my fright and grabs me by the hand and embraces me for a split second.