Chapter 3

The  peace makers escorted me to a room the size of a closet labeled "thirteen" and sat me down in a green velvet chair... Being the tribute representing thirteen I guess I am not getting the best treatment. Especially being the Mockingjay's daughter.

   The door flung Open almost hitting me in the face... I really need a better room.

   The familiar faces gave me little comfort in this time of terror, but enough to keep me from going completely insane.

     "You have three minutes to say your goodbyes!" Said a deep voice in the back ground.

     "I know... This isn't the first time." replied my Mother holding on to my brothers hand for dear life.

     "Mom!" I ran into her arms like a child... which face it I am.

     My eyes began to weld up with tears but I wiped it away calmly and took a deep breath as I slowly moved away.

      My Father stood firm in the corner holding my six year old brother Darius in his arms.

      "Sweetie don't give away your bow... It will protect you. And when the clock finishes counting down run for shelter... You don't want to get caught in the blood bath. Haymitch will send you your weapon eventually. Make people love you... And try to make a spear, in the time you wait for it."

      "Don't forget to never make fire... no matter how cold you are." My father pitches in.

      "I will and won't" I turn to my brother who is now crying harder than I, "Dare it isn't so bad... I will be back before you know it."

      He wiggles his way out of my father's arms and runs towards me.

     "Rosie promise me I will see you again in person, you have to win... Will you."

     "I will." The words roll of my tongue as the door flings open.

     "Time is up. Say your final goodbyes."

     "Daddy..." I run towards him, and he cradles me for just a second.

     "You won't be going through this alone."

     "Huh?"

     "Haymitch is sober at times... I talked him into it so sure enough you and Max can do some persuading."

       "Yes Daddy... I love you." Suddenly I see a bright light flash and they are gone though I can hear my brother's distant screams.

       Max and I link hands as we board the train to see Haymitch sitting in his own home made alcohol and Effie powdering her nose.

        We grab Haymitch's arms as Effie says, "We have people to do that."

        "Where are your people... Aye" Max replies, thirteen and already being mean to Effie... That was Dad's thing.

        "Coming soon."

       We both drop the arms and head off to our rooms... Staying there until the sun rises, whether asleep or not we don't move.

***************************************************************************************************************

I awake with a little amount of sleep, to the sun barely shining through my screened window.

   My body aches from laying on the small harder mattress than I am used to and tossing and turning all night to make my self comfortable... Didn't work.

   Best thought is a shower... I walk into the bathroom attached to my room and stand there working with the shower faucet until I hit the perfect temperature... So I strip of my silk night gown and jump in to fing the water rather soothing.

   Soap in hair I find myself sitting on the shower floor bawling.

   "Well that won't do you no good." A man appears in the doorway... I take a very good look at his features and take note of them; Brown hair, dark skin, dark eyes, silver eyelashes, some gold necklaces, and a striped green and black pant suit.

   "Who are you?" I ask standing up and wrapping my towel around me.

   "I am Zeus... Your stylist."

  "Hello Zeus I am the daughter of the Mockingjay... Madge Rose Mellark." I sound much more proper than I actually am.

   "So I have heard."

   "So your here to make me look pretty."

   "You know your Mom said that to my brother when she entered the games."

   "Your brother?"

   "Cinna."

   "Your brother was Cinna?"

   "He is..." He corrected me, "Now let's start shall we."

   He dressed me in plain clothes, pulled my hair into two braids and fastened my Mockingjay pin on my heart.

   "Not terrible are we now... let us see which district they sent us to." Right as he finishes saying that the train comes to a complete stop.

   He leads me out the door and into the Dining room.

   "Skipped dinner and breakfast, poor child you must be famished. Too bad training starts in a hour. Tip Top let us go show you to your rooms." Auntie Effie is completely Green today... literally green! Must be the color of this games.

   Me and Max link hands once again and I see that his stylist follows behind carefully in a green dress that is so tight she can barely walk.

   When the light sets in we see we are in the capitol... completely redone... remade... redesigned. The buildings are filled with Jumbo-trons and banners welcoming everyone to the new and improved capitol.

    They escort us to a car which takes us to the main stretch of the city. 

    A clear building stands straight ahead.

   "What is that?" I ask pointing at the clear structure.

  "Oh that that is the main justice building the president lives there... President snow the second... Crazy right." she lets out a bubbly giggle and directs her attention towards the building we have now pulled up at... labeled "Training Haul."

  I look at Max who looks fully astonished, "What do you think of that, aye?" I ask.

  "A little flashy..." He replies

  "It isn't my first time... seeing something flashy." I turn to Effie.

  "Well let's see what this brings." He looks towards the Training Haul... and then turns towards me and if it weren't for the fact in a few days I will be forced to kill him... I would kiss him right here, right now.

     authors note:

               LIKE I SAID HOW IS IT???????????? I GUESS I SAID THT......................... JUST GO WITH I DID.