Chapter 27

I sit at the table alone, well sort of alone, Molly's mother joins me, disgusted at the place she once called home. The Capitol Army Acceptance gala buzzes around us. My parents weren't healthy enough to come and ever since the last bombing where Dare was almost killed, no one has been allowed to leave or enter Thirteen.

  People dance around me as trumpets sound. 

  Ever since the Capitol "saved" me, I have been given the special treatment, extravegant galas, large feasts, I was even crowned "Victor." Along with Max of course, and Jonny well he is "dead" as far as the Capitol knows.

  Three people approach me.

  "They are approaching." I whisper into my mic, diguised as a flower in my hair.

  "Good." Max's voice echoes through my brain.

  "Turn the earpiece down please!" I whisper back.

  "Katniss!" The little girl shouts.

  "Close." I smile, "Rosie Mellark, her daughter."

  I look up and find a boy staring at me. I just glare back, confused.

  Something about him is different from the other boys I have met here in the Capitol.

  The way his jet black hair glistens in the light, the way his green eyes go big when he looks at the little girl, and his frekles that aren't artificial as most kids here.

  Even his clothes are different. He isn't all dolled up as most Capitolheads... He wears a sports jacket, jeans and hightops.

  I frown not being able to put my finger on the exact reason why he is different.

  "I am Chariton, and this is Arabella." He smiles.

  His father introduces himself, but I don't pay attention, I just keep staring at him, trying to figure out what is so different about him.

  "Katniss!" Arabella says again.

  "Yes?" I say smiling.

  "Look!" She points at her hair.

  "Very pretty! You know, I have a brother who is about your age! He is very cute,  just like you." I tickle her belly, right as Ceasar enters the stage.

  He does his usual introduction, boring the heck out of everyone not Capitol born.

  I am just about to kill myself when He walks on stage.

 Looking exactly the same as before yet different.

  "Rosie?" Max's voice rings in my ears, "Rosie you need to move to the balcony. The troops are about to enter the building" 

  I stay completely still.

  "Hello, and welcome. I am Chariton Aerolight, the game-makers son, and I would like to thank you all for your future service, and your sleflessness. You will be protecting our nation, and it's future. This is something we cannot thank you enough for, but we will try. You have our gratitude and, thanks. I wish luck and good fortune in all you do. Goodnight." I run towards the balcony.

  "He isn't what I thought. Max, he is a Capitol-head... Just like them all!" I whisper into the mich when I make it to the balcony, the Capitol lit up against the night sky.

  "What?" His voice echoes.

  "Max, I am calling code red. Max I am breaking down." My heart starts racing, "Max you need to get Gale!"

  "Rosie, calm down!" I breath.

  I stick my hand in my purse searching for my anxiety medication my doctor gave me before I left.