Chapter 25

"Is that all you can do tough boy?" I say wiping the blood from my lip.

  Army training began a year and a half ago for my lovely opponent, and somehow I am kicking his butt, with only a week and a half of Army Training.

  My opponent falls on the mat with a thump.

  "Count!" He says giving up.

  "One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight. Nine. Ten. Eleven. Twelve. Thirteen." I say smirking.

  "Who is next to fight Ms. Rosie?" Jonny asks.

  Jonny is the self defense teacher, he started this job a year ago when my mother got admitted.

  He started wrestling matches every Friday in class, and for the longest time there was this one champion who was never beat, that was until I came along and beat him on my first try.

  This isn't the only class I have excelled in though, I have also excelled in weapons training with Gale, traps also with Gale, and wildlife and camouflage training with Max. He is basically our homeroom, he helps us with any issues we are having in our other classes, and then works on camping skills, such as building fires or making weapons with little resources, and teaches us camouflage skills. Camouflage class belonged to my dad as of a year ago... But when mom got admitted and Dad got worse, that clearly changed.

  "And Rosie is again our champion." Jonny says a little bit rudely.

  I smirk and walk towards the doors as if reading Jonny's mind when he says,

  "Class dismissed." I laugh as I throw the doors open and walk towards my home.

  Once I was released they moved Dare and I into my old house, amongst the other bomb shelters now occupied with generals and their families.

  I walk calmly down the stairs and through the different hallways.

  When I reach home I find Auntie Melony eating at the table and Dare covered in spaghetti sauce.

  "Hello Rosie!" Melony says through a smile.

  "Rosie!" Dare says through a mouthful of noodles.

  "Hey Dare!" I run over to him wiping his face with a napkin and then kissing his nose, "I'm starved!" I say grabbing the milk from the fridge and gulping it down from the carton.

  "How could you eat in a place like this?" Says a female voice, with a thick capitol accent.

  "It made me lose my appetite before I even got inside." A male voice also with an accent that makes my ears ring.

  I turn around to find Effie and a man I don't recognize standing in the hallway.

  They both run towards me hugging and air kissing my cheeks.

  "Hello Effie!" I smile squeezing her extra tight to annoy her.

  "Not so tight! I am not wearing a corset!" She says worriedly.

  That is when I notice their clothes, plain.

  "Am I dreaming or is Effie wearing gray?" I say laughing.

  Effie is wearing a plain gray V-neck T-shirt, a green jacket and a plaid skirt. Her real hair is showing for once, and it actually is quite stunning, she has long blond curls that reach past her shoulders and bright turquoise eyes, obviously messed with in the Capitol.

  The man actually could pass very easily for one of us in his button down gray and white striped shirt, brown canvas vest, and worn down gray dress pants, if only it weren't for the silver eye-liner that still lines his eyes. That is when I realize the silver is actually sowed into his skin, much like a tattoo.