The Real Chapter 16

Okay quick apology before you read this! I hate hate hate when I write terrible chapters! And I wrote a terrible chapter 16! So here is the rewrite and Max and Rosie NEVER break up! Or at least in this chapter... Not a spoiler alert because I haven't decided yet :) Anyways! This is 10,000,000,000,000,000,000x better than the first! And completely different! Sorry again for scaring you all with the not true break up! Luv ya!

~Annie

 The annoying triangle of light wakes me up once again. I blink my eyes in confusion as the poisonous gas wears off.

  I am back at the cornucopia, the silvery ceiling frowning down upon me.

  A twinge of memory shocks me. And soon all of the previous events are fresh in my brain.

  I dart up, searching the room for Max and Jonny. But neither are to be found. 

  Panic fills my mind.

  I run outside and begin screaming their names.

  "Max! Max! Jonny! Guys this isn't funny! Guys!" No reply.

  Tears prick at my eyes, the same thought popping in my brain every time I say their name.

  They are dead.

  They are dead.

  They are dead.

  I begin to walk in circles, sobs making their names muffled.

  I fall to the ground at the howl of the mutts once again, as good as dead.

***************************************************************************************************************

  The fire pops and crackles children's voices.

  Obviously the fresh morphine speaking.

  My ankle has swelled three times it's size, and the venom has caused my hallucinations to appear more frequently.

  I keep my eyes on the field of roses, imagining Max and Jonny walking out of them like heroes in story books, but nothing happens.

  All around me is dead quiet.

  My eyes start to search the area around me, paranoid.

  My heart begins to race and my stomach heaves in fear.

  I take deep breaths and shake my hands, trying to calm myself. But nothing helps.

  My ankle screams, the morphine playing more with my mind, then helping the pain.

  I take the head of my arrow and dig it into the soft flesh on my arm.

  The pain is excruciating, momentarily distracting me from the pain in my ankle. But soon the blood starts to pump out of the open wound and I am left with the sickening feeling of guilt at purposefully hurting myself.

  The only good thing the cut did, is cleared my mind. Now I am left with this icy super human feeling in my brain, everything around me sharp and clear. But that fades leaving me with everything I hate, guilt and pain.

  Atleast I am clear on three things.

  One, I am utterly alone.

  Two, I am no longer the girl I used to be.

  Three, the games have changed me.

***************************************************************************************************************