Chapter 6

I can feel his warmth... And suddenly all my fear dissapears.

    The shakes, horrible feelings, terrifying thoughts, my heart all stop.

    He pulls away as I let out a slight giggle.

    "What is so funny?" He asks.

    "The fact that I can't wait to kill you in the arena for doing that." I reply.

    "Well that really helps the relationship."

    "We have a relationship?"

    "We do now." He looks over the edge of the building not getting to close, "Look at the lights and all the jumbo trons."

     "I know nothing like twelve, huh?"

     "Yeah."

     I let out a shiver.

     "You okay." He asks.

     "Fine it is just really cold."

    "Here." He starts unbuttoning his pajama shirt. He places the now free fleee shirt over my shoulders... And I catch my cheeks turning red.

      "Thanks. Come on." 

      "Where are you going?"

      "Back to bed."

      "Why we just walked up here and look." He points  to a few blankets in the corner.

      "You couldn't have just given me one of those." 

      He laughs and walks towards the blankets.

      "Here, again." He replaces his shirt with a fleece blanket across my shoulders, and re-buttons his shirt on his body.

        We sit there for at least three hours just talking before I lay my head on his lap and fall asleep.

        It is me... I am in an arena... looking over a body with gray eyes, brown hair and blood stained lips.

        "Max." I awake to find him holding me tight and rubbing my back.

        He sits there with  my now completely on his lap, acting like my father and me acting like my mother.

        He starts humming something and I start crying harder than I have ever cried before.

        I can't win this games.

***************************************************************************************************************

         I stayed up just staring into his blue gray eyes until the sun started to rise. Which is when we kissed goodnight... something I have never gotten from anyone but my parent's.

   "Thanks." I say my cheeks turning bright red.

   "For what?" Max asks.

   "Night Max." I close the door and take a deep breath crawling into my satin sheets to await my alarm clock also known as Zeus with my dress for the interviews.

    I fall asleep only to have dreams of memories.

   The first is the day my brother was born... I still remember the first time I caught site of those bright blue eyes as my father dared me to kiss him... And I did that is also how he got his nickname dare.

   The second is my first archery lesson... I was seven and my mom set up a deer dummy in the middle of the meadow and we took turns shooting at it. She shot first and hit it right in the eye I shot next and hit it in the exact same spot, beginners luck? Nah I am just a natural.

   The third was Max and I playing tag in the meadow. His brown hair flew through the autumn wind framing his face creating a master piece.

     The fourth was Max and I in the woods hunting... It was the day I dared him to kiss me and than ran away when he tried.

   The fifth was of me watching my parents in the seventy sixth annual Hunger Games and the incidents they suffered... My father's leg... My mother's sister.

        Than my mind took me somewhere I had never thought it could go... Me as a I am in the games... I stumbled upon something I hoped I never would... All of my friends, Molly, Finny, Jonny, and Max, aligned in a perfect line all dead... with blood stained shirts... and pure white faces.

         "They aren't the only ones who have or will die today... You are next." I here a voice coming from the darkness of the woods beyond the bodies.

         "Who is there." I ask.

         "You know us."

         "Us?"

         "Yes, all of us." Suddenly the voice becomes hundreds... Every dead I have ever known. Prim... Rue... Thresh... Grandma... Cinna... Every one. With a blink of an eye I was one of my friends.

           I fell to the ground a sharp pain in my chest... The last thing I saw was pure white... A color known to me as Death in disguise. 

authors note:

          PLEASE VOTE :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!