Chapter 22

The white light shining in my eyes blurs my vision.

  "Ah!" I say rather loudly.

  I bring my hand to my head and feel the bandage wrapped securely around my cranium.

  "Rosie?" I hear Max's voice, and I feel pressure release on my legs.

  "What!" I say rather annoyed with the bright light. The room catches me off guard, "Where am I?"

  "Rosie! Rosie you're awake!" Max says getting up and moving towards me.

  "No shit Sherlock. Where am I?"

  "In the hospital?"

  "Why?"

  "You don't remember?" He looks at me confused.

  "All I know is my head is pounding!"

  "I'll go tell the doctor." He leans in close to my face, as if he were about to kiss me.

  "Ewww!" I say smacking him, "Gotten all lovey dovey on me have you?"

  "What?"

  "Dude you are my best friend not boyfriend."

  "Rosie, what do you remember."

  "I remember, something about history, and my parents and me."

  Max, looks at me confused, he then laughs.

  "Nice one Rose girl!" He says in between chuckles.

  "You are officially weird!" I say laughing than stopping abruptly for dramatic effect.

  "Wait you are serious?" Max stops looking concerned.

  "Yes! Oh God! Wait! Why am I in here?" I look at Max worried, he walks out quietly.

***********************************************************************************************************************

  "Mom! Dad!" My parents walk through the doors, along with a doctor and Max.

  My mom runs towards me and hugs me.

  "You had us worried sick!" She says kissing my forehead.

  I smile up at her. They take their seats

  My dad talks and everyone listens.

  "Rosie, what do you remember." My dad asks.

  "I remember it being my birthday and I remember waking up and seeing the look on your guy's face. Then I know you told me something important," I think really hard, and they all look at me with worried eyes, "That is it."

  "Rosie, you were chosen..." My dad says seriously.

  "Chosen for what?" I ask.

  "For the Hunger Games." My stomach drops, "Rosie, you are suffering from severe memory loss."

  "No. That can't be right." I look at my mom, "Mom."

  Max turns his face away.

  "You tried to kill yourself!" Max shouts.

  "Max." My mom says softly.

  "What?" I look at the three of them confused, "Mommy. Mommy what happened."

  Max walks over to me and cups my hand in his face.

  "You loved me once, you can love me again." He pulls me in and holds the kiss for twenty seconds, I counted.