Chapter 17

"Let me see!" Joshua immediately held my wrist and pull it towards him. He uncover my wrist and revealed my fresh cut.

"What I told you before?" He stare at it while speaking coldly. I gulped at his sudden tone.

"I-it doesn't matter.." I said avoiding any eye contact with him. He held my chin and face it towards his face. Now I'm seeing his face few meters away from mine.

"Why you didn't listen?" He ask and this time his tone is soft.

"I-I... I'm sorry.." I cried again before he hug me tightly that made me cry even more. Why is he so kind and soft?!

"Aren't you angry?" I asks that made him chuckles after breaking the hug. "If I get angry? Would you think that will change everything?" I shake my head before he pat my head.

He wipes my tears before flashing a small smile. "Why are you doing this?" I suddenly ask while staring at his face. He paused for a moment that made me wait for his answer.

"Joshua?" I call out when he didn't answer me. He went back to reality and stare right back at me. "Why are you doing this to me?" I asks once again.

"Because.." I read his lips, "because I love you." He slowly let go those each words leaving me stunned. Do I hear it right?

"You don't need to love me back. I know it's sudden but, I only want you is you to let me love you." I took a step back while staring at his face until we're 1 centimeter apart. We're both standing and facing each other and went silent for the past 5 minutes.

Until the wind blew swaying my skirt and hair in the air. Until I break the silence. "When did it started?" I ask as I could feel my voice trembling.

"I don't know... I just realize that I already love you." He said and smile even wider. Aren't he not thinking that I might turn down his confession or not?

He take the steps forward while I step back until my back hit the cold white wall of the rooftop and now his face are just few inches away from mine.

"So.. What do you say..." He ask as his breathe touch my skin sending shivers down to my spine. I smiled and peck the tip of his nose before hugging him.

"Uhm Josh, you are too close." I said as I look at his brown locks, "Yohoo Y/n." He waved in front of me and smiled brightly. "So what do you say?" I was snapped back to reality after hearing those words, "I like you too Josh."

"Really?!"

"Yes, since the day you approached me."

"I'm happy to hear that." 

He hugged me by his warm arms and I felt comfortable, I hugged him back. Joshua leaned his head on the crook of my neck not breaking from the hug, I felt it weird but I don't want to get out from his hug.

'I love you.'