Chapter 1

The cold air hit my face and sway my hair when I open my window. It's still 6:23AM in the morning. And the fresh air giving me a calm feeling. New day ahead.

I took a deep breath and went out of my room. I cook my own food and eat. Minutes pass, I went to the front door and get my coat before heading to my working place.

As I arrive, I saw some of my co-workers. They're busy preparing the cafe as usual. I went inside and greet them a good morning. I walk towards of the staff room to find my locker. When I found it, I immediately change my clothes into a staff uniforms. I fix my hair before walking out of the room.

"There's an old man there. Give this, this is his order. I have to do something." Layka said giving me the coffee before I went towards the old man and put infront of him his order.

"Enjoy your coffee, Sir." I said and went back to the counter. I help Jimmy to clean some of the table and also clean the floor.

It's already 8:00AM when I check the time. I went back to the counter and waited some costumers to enter in.

"Ah, Anne, I'm just going to the powder room." I said and walk towards of the staff room. I'm not actually going in the powder room. I just need something to cover off. I forgot to do this earlier.

I went to my locker and open it. I try to find my foundation and soon I found it. I slowly take my long sleeves off and revealed my scars from my wrist. That scars are made by me. This scars are in every inch and part of my body. No one knows about this. Except from me.

As soon I cover it with the foundation. I put it back inside and lock my locker. I fix my long sleeves making sure that, it was cover it all. I exited the room and went back to the counter.

There's already some people inside. Talking, laughing, some are lonely and just eating their own orders. I continue to walk and saw Anne on the counter.

"Any news?" I asks and she just shrugged. I nodded and scan the whole cafe.

"Uhm, May I order one iced Americano?" The guy with a mask, shades and cap covering his whole face said.

"Sure. Just wait sir." The guy nodded and took out his phone.

"Name sir?" I asks and he look at me for a moment before answering my questions.

"Joshua." He simply replied. I nodded and write down his name on the plastic cup.

Minutes has passed, I'm already done. I call out for his name and he immediately walk towards us and take his order. He pay us after and walk towards of the exit.

"Joshua... Interesting..." Anne mumbled and I just look at her weirdly. What's with this girl.