Goodbye

14

Boarding the plane back to New York, Noel looked out of her window as she saw the members of Queen waving goodbye. All 3 waving besides Freddie, he stood with aviators on possibly hiding the real emotion in his eyes. He was sad to see her go, he hardly had a chance to explore a further relationship with Noel. Flicking his cigarette Freddie walked back to his Rolls Royce, signaling his driver to take off.

As she watched the boys depart one by one Noel felt a lump form in her throat. She remembered the last time she looked into Freddie's eyes. It was the morning after their second encounter, he looked so beautiful and his eyes were so inviting. She never noticed how intense his eyes can be especially when he would study her face. "Miss? Please put on your seat belt...miss hello?" said a flight attendant snapping her fingers at Noel as she pulled her out of her trance. "Okay okay sheesh..." she said as she fastened her seat belt.

Why couldn't I have met you sooner?
Stay longer....
There's something about you I can't figure out....
I haven't felt this way about someone in a long time...

Noel could hear Freddie's words repeating in her head, parts of their conversation floating around her mind. They talked about their instant attraction to one another. A dream come true for Noel but she also had a completely different life back home most importantly being a Mother to her 2 little girls. She knew it would never work with Freddie, a single mom dating an international rock star? No it just wouldn't work not in this lifetime anyways. Trying to get some sleep Noel convinced herself it was for the better and she'd better appreciate having Freddie in the way millions of others would pay to have him.

After a 7 hour flight Noel landed in the airport. Her babies and Johnny stood at the terminal waiting for her, holding up a sign that read "Welcome home Mommy!" Smiling from ear to ear when she spotted them Noel ran up to her daughters. Squeezing them tight she felt so blessed and thankful that even if the universe was against her she would always have her precious little girls. "Ohhh I missed you girls so much!" Standing up to face Johnny she offered him a half smile. "Thank you for coming to get me..."

"No problem, so how was he?"
Noel stood pale as a ghost she couldn't believe her ears, clearing her throat she responded "what...what did you just say?" With a confused look Johnny spoke "I said how was it?" Letting out a sigh of relief Noel giggled to herself nervously hoping she wasn't starting to hear things. "Oh haha um...it was great thanks!" Staring at her with furrowed brows Johnny studied Noel's body language. Her fidegting gave it away that she was filled with nerves and that something had her thrown off, although their relationship failed Johnny still could read her very well.

Arriving in front of her apartment complex, Johnny helped Noel get the girls out of the car. "Well I can't thank you enough Johnny...thanks again!" Leaning in for a hug he kissed Noel on the forehead "its good to have you home...remember if you need to talk I'm always here" he said offering the mother of his children a warm smile. "Thanks Johnny..." she said returning the smile. She had lied to him and told him that the job offer still resided which wasn't true. She thougut lying to him would be better then telling him she slept with him...Freddie Mercury pretty much the whole time she was gone, not to mention losing the job offer which was her whole point of travelling there.

Making it up to their floor, the elevator doors opened carrying little Karen in one arm and her suitcase in the other Noel told Rose to go ahead of her and wait at the door. "Oh Mommy look there's flowers outside of our house!" As she caught up to Rose she saw a bouquet of yellow tulips. Before picking them up she unlocked the door and allowed the girls to head in. "Go ahead baby take your shoes off I'm going to put Karen down for a nap..." waiting until the curious little girl disappeared into her room Noel reached for the flowers and noticed a card attached.

Hello darling, hope you had a wonderful flight...I haven't stopped thinking about you...are you thinking about me too?

- FM xo

Noel clutched the card to her chest, leaning her head against the door she felt her heart rate quicken. Freddie was exactly what she expected him to be but even more. He was so charming and full of life, being riddled with anxiety Noel admired Freddie's "Fuck today, it's tomorrow" attitude. He was more than a rock star to her, he was inspiring to her and made her feel alive. "Oh Freddie...what have you done to me?" Whispering to herself as she sniffed the tulips. 🌷🌱💛