Why?

13

Awoken from her sleep, Noel shivered at the lack of covers. When she turned over to pull them she was stunned to see a sleeping Freddie next to her. She thought for sure he would have left after their second sex filled fiasco. Trying not to disturb Freddie from his slumber, she crept out of bed in search for another blanket seeing as Freddie was wrapped up like a cocoon in the other one. As Noel searched for a blanket she happened to look at the clock and realized it was 3am which means it was 10pm back home in US. She decided to give a ring to see if there was a slight chance the girls would be awake seeing as most nights they were although Noel had a strict bedtime for them being children they hardly ever followed it.

Listening to the dial tone in hopes Johnny would answer she waited for a response. "Hello?" said Johnny's deep voice, "Hey hope I'm not disturbing you are the kids awake?" asked Noel in a whipser trying to to wake Freddie. "little Karen fell asleep about an hour ago but Rose is still awake..." noticing Freddie was beginning to toss and turn she took the base of the phone and walked as far away with it as she could until the cord prevented her from doing so. "Yes can you put her on the phone please?" The angelic voice of her sweet daughter took over. "Hi mommy how is your trip going? Did you buy as any gifts yet? Karen broke one of my toys today and I was so mad mommy!" Babbled on the charming little girl. Laughing into the phone Noel replied "Oh sweetie I am having such a wonderful time and no I haven't done much shopping yet but that will be the first thing on my agenda tomorrow baby I promise!" Hearing a tiny yawn "uhh okay mommy I'm tired I think actually call me back in the morning!" Clenching her chest from hearing her daughter's sweet voice made Noel realize even more how much she missed them "okay baby girl, be good for daddy and sweet dreams I love you so much give your little sister a kiss for me!" Rose's voice faded away as she handed the phone back to her father. "Hey...looks like she's finally giving into her sleep so we're off to join little Karen and going to bed" said Johnny.

"Okay well goodnight then Johnny" replied Noel, "wait isn't it like 3am over there? why are you awake...." looking over at the bed Noel noticed it was empty when she turned back around to see Freddie standing in her view she ended the conversation with Johnny "um...well I couldn't sleep I'll be calling the girls again in the morning...bye!" she said hanging up the phone. "I hope I didn't wake you..." said Noel looking over at Freddie, "no darling the emptiness in the bed actually woke me you see I sleep really hard when I know someone is in the bed next to me so I know when they are no longer there..." realizing that maybe that's why Freddie had a promiscuous reputation not only for the sex but for the company Noel stood up placing the phone back on the end table.

"I woke up due to the fact you stole all my covers so when I went to fetch another blanket I decided to check in on my children". She said after finally finding one. "Oh sorry about that dear...I much rather use your body to cover mine anyways..." Freddie said with a smirk, giggling at him Noel made her way back to the bed "So...who's Johnny? Is that the children's father..." asked Freddie. "Yes...how long were you standing there?" she asked him, "Well I wasn't trying to eavesdrop if that's what you're implying when I came looking for you I walked into you talking with what I'm assuming was your daughter and I thought it was quite lovely actually...I could hear the love in your voice when you spoke." Freddie looked down at his feet, realizing his childhood didn't obtain much of that kind of heart warming feeling.

"Aww...you're so sweet to notice Freddie...it's true yes, my little girls are my world!" said Noel. "Mmm yes I can see that..." making his way back to the bed Freddie sat on the edge staring at Noel. "What?" she said with a cute curious smile on her face. "You're beautiful dear...you have this gravitational pull on me of some sort..." said Freddie not able to pinpoint why she made him feel this way. Blushing and feeling her heart race Noel couldn't help but smile from ear to ear. "Freddie you must get tired of hearing this...but I'm the one who should be saying that to you...I never would of thought in a million years I'd be sitting here with you especially hearing you say these things...I'm in shock to say the least!"

Freddie chuckled admiring Noel's honesty and forwardness. "So it's Freddie Mercury onstage you lust for...or me the one sitting in front of you right now?" he asked with a dark casting in his deep brown eyes. "Gosh you make me so nervous...um well if I'm going to be honest probably the one I see onstage obviously I don't really read much into the gossip...especially because I never thought I'd actually be able to get to know you to clarify what they say is true or not...but after spending these last few moments with you...I'm even more impressed with the man who's had his cock inside of me and has spent this time with me." Noel grabbed Freddie's hand and held it to her chest allowing him to feel how he made her heart race.

Freddie reached for Noel's other hand in return and brought it up to his own chest. Feeling his heart pump fast as well "you see darling...you make me feel the same way..." Noel's eyes lit up, she was frozen in shock not able to speak but her mind was raging with thoughts. "K...kis...kiss me" was all she managed to get out. Freddie leaned in for a kiss, it was a long passionate kiss that confirmed their mutual attraction for one another. "Why me though Freddie really? I'm sure you have the finest of the finest thrown at you" said Noel. "This is true yes...but that's all they want out of me is sex or money...you didn't do for either...you were so caring of me and honorable even in my bitchy state I have to pay people to care that much really...and when you stormed off I felt like I would be making a huge mistake letting you go..." Freddie moved a piece of Noel's hair out of her face and cupped her cheek. Leaning into his palm Noel gazed at him falling deeper by the minute, "I know what you mean...I knew I had this crush on you and it's clear you have this unearthly quality...but in person it's even scarier...you're so special Freddie"

Pulling her in for a hug Freddie held onto Noel glancing at the photo of her children she had on the nightstand "ahh yes too bad it will soon come to an end..." he said as he rubbed her back. Breaking their hug Noel knew what he meant by that, her having to return home in a few days meant the would most likely never see each other again. Feeling tears build in her eyes Noel said nothing and just took Freddie back into her arms trying to savor every moment they had together.

 Feeling tears build in her eyes Noel said nothing and just took Freddie back into her arms trying to savor every moment they had together