Part 13

Stevie knew it was too early to wake up. She fought hard to keep her eyes closed, willing herself to fall back asleep. However, Lindsey's wandering hands weren't helping. Stevie kept pushing them away, but they found their way back to her body over and over again.

"Lindsey." Stevie whined, drawing his name out. "We just went to sleep."

"Actually, we've slept for about five hours." Lindsey argued, his hand slowly moving up and down her hip. 

"Dear God..." Stevie sighed, placing her hand over his to keep it in place. "Try and close your eyes for a couple more hours, please."

"Nu-uh." He shook his head as his lips pressed repeatedly to her exposed shoulder. "It's our last show before we take a break, I want to spend as much time with you as possible."

"I'm here, aren't I? You can do whatever you want while I sleep, just don't disturb me too much." Stevie's voice sounded muffled as she hid her face under the covers. 

"I don't know, that might be too weird for me." Lindsey joked, his hand now moving to her front.

With a heavy sigh, Stevie reappeared and rolled onto her back, giving him a look. "If you keep this up, you won't get to spend any time with me at all today."

"I apologize. Why don't I show you just how sorry I am?" He smirked. He knew he was pushing it, but when Stevie gave in and smiled lazily, Lindsey knew they were okay. "I'm going to miss you."

"I know. Me too." She said, turning on her side, facing him. "And I really mean it. Things have been so different this time." Stevie added. His chest hair caught her attention and she reached out to gently run her nails over. "I can't imagine not waking up with you in the morning." She scooted closer over to him, snuggling up against him.

"I want you to promise me one thing."

"What is that?" Stevie asked, tilting her chin up.

Lindsey ran his fingers through her hair a few times, before cupping the side of her face in the palm of his hand. "Things are going to stay the same, when we come back." Stevie didn't reply right away, so he continued. "I know what's going through your mind right now. Yes, we'll both go home. You'll return to Don and I to Kristen, we'll be surrounded by our families, but... It would hurt me badly if what we have, will disappear."

"I can promise you that I'll be thinking about you, that I'll want to see you and talk to you, but... neither of us can know, what will happen, when we go home, Linds." Stevie said, already looking apologetic. "It doesn't depend on just me. What if you realize that what you have with Kristen, isn't worth the risk of losing it by being with me whenever you can?"

"Steph, we both know that you're the key in us staying together. You actually had fallen in love with Don, you didn't marry him just because you got pregnant. It's not like you were running out of time or options. That was me." Lindsey showed at himself for emphasis. "I was alone, all my relationships had failed, but I wanted what everyone around me had. I happened to meet Kristen and... well, I thought that marrying her was the right thing to do as well as it being my last chance at having a family. I wanted to be a father more than I wanted to be a husband, but I thought it came as a package."

Stevie suddenly became emotional, her eyes filled with tears and she fought them hard. "I'm so sorry, Linds..." She whispered, hanging her head low. "I'm sorry."

"Hey..." Lindsey made her look at him. "This isn't your fault, it's not."

He didn't understand and she couldn't explain. "I-I..." Stevie paused to take a deep breath. "I can promise you that I want for things to remain the same, when we come back to finish this tour."

"That's good enough for me." Smiling a little, Lindsey pressed a kiss to her forehead.