Part 12

Stevie was exhausted. It had been a long day, the show took a lot out of her, but for that same reason, she knew they did great. Right now, she wanted to return to her hotel room and rest. There was no way Stevie was going to go to bed just yet, maybe she'd write a little, but she did want some peace and quiet. 

Walking into her room, Stevie didn't notice a couple of items laying on the bed right away. She took off her shoes with a heavy sigh, walking over to her open suitcase for her nightwear. On her way to the bathroom, she then realized something was on her bed, which she for sure knew she hadn't left behind. An outfit. There was a dress and a shawl, which wasn't hers, a folded piece of paper nearby. She also noticed a small gift box.

'I know that it's not something you would usually wear, but I know you will look great in it. I thought you might need a shawl, it could get chilly. Meet me up on the roof, when you get ready. Don't worry, you'll be let through.

Lindsey x'

Stevie's heartbeat quickened as she finished reading the note. She had spent the majority of the day with Lindsey and he didn't give anything away. Her tiredness was completely gone, she was excited. 

Picking up the dress, Stevie looked it over and Lindsey was right. It was too tight for her liking, when she put it on, but that might have just been her self-consciousness. Tying the shawl in a loose knot, Stevie took a look in the mirror and was slightly relieved that it helped her hide a little. Opening the gift box, she revealed a pair of diamond earrings and if Lindsey had picked them himself, he was going to be rewarded big time. Lastly, instead of her long velvet boots, Stevie stepped into ones, which stopped at her ankles. Spraying some perfume on, she was out the door.

There was a man waiting by the elevator. Stevie thought he just waited to go up or down on his own business. When she approached him, he smiled and tipped his head. "Ms. Nicks?"

"I- yes." Stevie stuttered, nodding. 

"Follow me please." The man showed her inside the elevator and pressed the top button.

Stevie's heart was beating out of her chest. She was both excited and nervous. The butterflies in her stomach were doing back flips. She guessed that the whole thing might have had something to do with Lindsey's birthday plans for her, which unfortunately fell through. 

"Enjoy your evening." The man, who accompanied Stevie, said, when he took her up to the roof of the hotel.

The view of the city, the gorgeous night sky took Stevie's breath away as she looked around, before her eyes finally settled on Lindsey. He stood with a smile on his face by a table set for two. It had been some time since Stevie saw Lindsey in a suite. It was a shame he wasn't wearing a tie, it could have come to good use later on. Nevertheless, he looked devilishly handsome.

"You thought you were done with me for the night, huh?" Lindsey spoke up, when Stevie came to stand in front of him. 

"I don't think I will ever be done with you." Stevie shook her head, her hands naturally wrapping themselves around his neck, while his circled her waist. 

"You look incredible." He said, his eyes wandering down from her face to her chest. 

"Eyes up here." She smirked, tilting his chin up with her finger. "Thank you, Linds. This... this is wonderful."

"You are." Lindsey said, leaning in to capture her lips. "Happy belated birthday, baby."