Part 3

"Have a good night, you two." Mick said, shaking hands with Lindsey, before he gave a hug to Stevie. "Separately."

Rolling his eyes, Lindsey opened the door of Mick's room and went out into the hallway, waiting for Stevie to say goodbye to Mick. With a wave of his hand Mick shut the door, leaving Stevie and Lindsey alone.

"May I walk you home on this beautiful, starry night?" Lindsey offered Stevie his arm, showing to the ceiling with his other hand.

Stevie giggled, looping her arm through his, she rested her head on his shoulder as they began walking together. "You're in a great mood."

"I don't know, I just have a good feeling about this tour. I can't say I was particularly excited about our last one." He said. "Maybe it's our EP. I'd love to record a full album."

"Yeah, we'll see." Stevie shut down that discussion quickly. 

Unfortunately, they both stayed not that far away from Mick and their short journey had come to an end. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Unless..." Stevie shrugged, fidgeting with her rings, when she separated herself from Lindsey. He raised an eyebrow. "You'd like to have another drink?"

Without further encouragement, Lindsey searched for his key card and showed her inside his room. "Look at us, spending time together."

Laughing lightly, Stevie went inside, Lindsey following close behind her. She made herself comfortable, while he went over to the minibar. With their drinks of choice in his hands, Lindsey joined Stevie.

"Thank you." She took a sip and put the glass down on the table in front of them. "God, my feet are killing me. Do you mind?"

"Of course not." With a satisfied sigh, Stevie took off her boots and lifted her feet onto the couch. "You don't look very comfortable."

"Well, I'm not going to put my feet on you, am I?" She joked, picking up her drink.

Lindsey gently gripped her ankles and stretched out her legs, her feet in his lap. "Enjoy it, while I'm still in a good mood."

Slightly surprised, Stevie spent a minute just looking at him. He'd somehow changed. Lindsey had certainly calmed down and mellowed over the years, but since the first time they met that day, he'd been... flirty? 

"Do you think Christine will ever rejoin the band?" Stevie asked, steering the conversation away from her thoughts. 

"Who knows." Lindsey shrugged. "I think she's bound to get bored, living alone on her farm or her castle, whatever it is." 

Smiling, Stevie nodded her head. "Yeah, sounds like she's getting there, whenever we talk on the phone."

"I don't want to sound mean, but it doesn't really make much difference to me whether she comes back or not. As long as you're with us. Chris and I just don't have what you and I have."

"I miss her sometimes." Stevie said. "The last tour... my God, it was The Dance. She and I had reconnected, we had a great time."

"The Dance sure brings back a lot of memories." Lindsey agreed, sipping from his glass, his eyes now on Stevie. "It was an important time for us."

Stevie swallowed uneasily, looking away. "Linds..."

"Do you ever think about it?"

"About what, exactly?" She knew, of course she knew. "You and I both know that nothing more could have happened. I'd been married to Don for a long time back then and you were with Kristen."

"Yeah, sometimes I wish things had turned out differently." Lindsey admitted, not that it was a big secret. "I know that we've agreed not to talk about it, but that night we spent together... it brought me back to you in a different way."

"Lindsey, it's been so long." Stevie sighed, she didn't want to go back to that place.

"Sixteen years. Seventeen almost." He corrected himself. "So, do you? Think about it?"

Trailing her finger along the rim of the glass, Stevie gave a small nod of her head. "More than I care to admit. I have a constant reminder of that night." She muttered under her breath.

"What?" Lindsey frowned.

Realizing she had said it out loud, Stevie tried to wave it off. "Nothing, nothing."

"I'm sorry, I brought it up." Lindsey apologized. "I didn't invite you in for that, honestly."

"Okay." Stevie sighed in relief. "So, tell me then. How are your girls doing?"

The thought of his daughters brought a smile to his face. "Where do I begin..."