Part 1

Half of the bedroom was filled with suitcases. Having just entered the room, Don looked around, hands on his hips, his eyebrows knitted. He would never forbid Stevie from doing what she did best and what she loved the most, but Don always got a little anxious, when it was time for her to go back on the road with Fleetwood Mac. It had been years, decades even, but a lot had happened and Don saw it first hand, he was a part of it. He wanted to believe that there were absolutely no romantic feelings between Stevie and Lindsey, but their history resurfaced in his mind from time to time.

"Would you please just relax, Don." Stevie sighed, coming out of her walk in closet. "We've been over this a thousand times."

"I know, I know..." Don nodded, holding out his hand for her to take. He pulled Stevie closer and embraced her, holding tightly. "You know, I love you, right?"

"I think, the more important question here is if you know that I love you?" She teased, looking up at him. She lay her hands on his shoulders and stood up on her tiptoes to give him a kiss. "Do you want to go with me?"

"I would if I could. We're still in rehearsals and the tour starts in July, too." 

"Good." Stevie said. "You'll be busy and your mind won't have any time to wonder." 

"Is Lindsey's wife coming along by any chance?"

"Why don't you call him and ask yourself?" Stevie suggested, knowing that was never going to happen. "How many times have I told you that we're going out to play? He and I haven't really been friends for a long time, Don."

"Well, didn't seem to stop you two back in-"

Stevie pressed her finger against Don's lips to stop him from talking. "Years ago, honey. Years."

"Right, I know that. Sorry." Don sighed, cupping her face in his hands. "I love you."

"I love you." They kissed, the moment was beginning to escalate thanks to Don, but it ended just as quickly, when Alice came in.

"Oh my God! Ew!" Her voice separated the two, causing Stevie to giggle.

"Ew? Really? Don't tell me that you and Jared-"

"Stevie, for God's sake!" Don cut her off. "This is our sixteen year old daughter."

"Okay, alright." She held her hands up in surrender. "You wanted something, sweetheart?" She turned to Alice, who clearly wanted something, judging by the look on her face. 

"Well... there's this party."

"Oh. And you really want to go, huh?" Stevie assumed, crossing her arms. Alice nodded, her gaze shifting from her mother to the father and back again. "You know that it's my last night at home, I have to leave early in the morning."

"We could do something before I have to leave tonight?"

"I was really looking forward to spending some time with you. Sara is coming over too. It's been a while since we've all been together."

"Now..." Don stood beside Stevie, he leaned in to whisper. "It is your last night at home before you leave." He said, pinching her behind.

"Alright." Stevie gave in rather quickly. "You can go, but be safe. In every sense of the word."

Realization quickly hit Don and his eyes grew wide. "Are you and that-"

"Oh, don't pretend, Don." Stevie rolled her eyes, moving away from him. "Why don't you bring my suitcases downstairs, so Karen doesn't have to? Please?"

"Fine." He said through gritted teeth.

Alice went over to sit on the bed, watching Stevie continue packing the rest of her things. After a moment of silence between them, Alice spoke up.

"Dad's a wreck every time you leave." She said. "He's concerned."

"He's got nothing to worry about and you can keep reminding him that for me." Stevie smiled at her daughter. "I love him."

"And he really loves you too, mom. You're his whole world." 

Stevie didn't reply. She thought that Don was simply paranoid, given her history with Lindsey, but when her sixteen year old daughter brought it up? Stevie had to stop and think. Maybe, sometimes she and Lindsey allowed themselves a little too much on stage, but it was all just for show. There was nothing to worry about, she certainly had no intentions. Lindsey couldn't have either. Could he?