Part 4

"Everything's been great so far. We've done ten, maybe a couple more, shows already and things are going great."

"Are you having a good time?"

"Yeah, I'm really enjoying myself." Lindsey nodded to himself, answering Kristen's question. "Oh, wait. Someone's at the door."

Kristen patiently waited on the other end of the line, while Lindsey went to answer the door to his hotel room. "Who is it?"

"It's Stevie." Lindsey replied, smiling at her brightly. "Look, I've got to go."

"Really? So suddenly?" Kristen asked, hearing the door close. She guessed that Stevie didn't stay out in the hallway.

"Was there something else you wanted?"

"No, nothing else."

"Thanks for checking in, I'll talk to you some other day. Bye."

"Goodb-"  

Lindsey hung up and put his phone into the back pocket of his jeans. Even after a show, he still had the energy to get excited about seeing Stevie. They'd been spending a lot of time together lately, coming into each other's rooms to have a glass of wine, talk, reminisce.

"Kristen?" Stevie asked, crossing her legs as she sat down. 

"Yeah."

"You didn't have to rush your conversation just because I showed up."

"What makes you think I did that because of you?" Lindsey raised an eyebrow, getting a corkscrew for the bottle of wine Stevie had brought with her. Seeing her cheeks change color, he smirked. "It was because of you. I didn't want to keep you waiting."

"We've got all night." Stevie shrugged, wondering to herself, why she said that. 

"Kristen sent me a video of Leelee. She was playing truth or dare with her friends and was dared to put on an afro wig and walk in school with it all day." 

"Oh my God!" Stevie laughed, shaking her head. "I bet she looked just like you in the 70's."

"Hey, you used to love my hair." Lindsey said, handing Stevie a glass. 

"I used to love a lot about you."

He didn't respond, they tried not to go there. "What do you say, you and I play?"

"Play? What do you mean?" Stevie frowned, unsure of where he was going with it.

"Truth or dare." Lindsey shrugged, relaxing against the back of the couch. 

"Right!" Stevie scoffed, shaking her head. "The best I could do is maybe truth or truth. No, wait. That could get dangerous."

"Come on. I swear, I won't make you eat something disgusting." He encouraged, laying his arm  along the couch. "Come on." Lindsey placed his hand on Stevie's thigh, giving it a squeeze.

"Fine! Okay. But I get to go first." Stevie looked at Lindsey and he shrugged. Taking a sip of her wine, Stevie began. "Truth or dare?"

"Truth." 

"Hm... Alright. When I started going out with Don, did you honestly think he was a substitute for you?"

"Of course." Lindsey replied without having to think. "We looked a lot alike, Steph. A lot."

Rolling her eyes, she tucked her legs under herself and turned to Lindsey. "Your turn. I choose truth."

"Same question, Carol Ann?"

Stevie started laughing and nodded her head. "Absolutely."

"Fair enough. Dare."

She had to take advantage of the situation. "Give me a massage."

"Excuse me?" Lindsey coughed, nearly choking on the wine.

"My shoulders, Linds." Stevie smirked. She turned her back to him and he put away his glass. His fingers touched her neck, when he pushed her hair aside, sending shivers down her spine, which was obvious to his eyes. "I-I choose truth." Stevie spoke up, realizing how close they'd gotten to each other and that it had been silent for some time.

"When we perform, you and I interact a lot on stage. I mean, we spend half the show if not more looking at each other, we touch, we... kiss. Do you do it sincerely or is it for the fans?" Lindsey's hands were still gripping Stevie shoulders with just enough pressure.

"I want to do it all." Stevie answered honestly. "Because we can't fight on stage, you can't... you can't push me away in front of all those people."

"Steph, I would never-" Lindsey stopped himself. "Guilty, I'm sorry."

"It's okay." Stevie smiled a little, placing her hand over his.

They went back and worth for quite some time. Each asking questions that mattered to them, occasionally remembering to choose dare instead of truth, pretending they were still playing a game. The second bottle was nearly empty and a lot of ground got cowered, it was Stevie's turn again.

"Alright, I haven't chosen dare for a while."

Stevie couldn't read Lindsey's expression, that rarely ever happened. She guessed that he was thinking hard about something, maybe trying to decide, whether he should or shouldn't...

"Kiss me." 

"W-what?" 

Lindsey's heartbeat quickened as he repeated. "I dare you to kiss me."