Part 5

"Kiss you?" Stevie looked at Lindsey surprised and a little shocked. What happened to never crossing that line again? Flirting was one thing, but becoming physical with each other? Even just a kiss could lead them to something a lot more and they both knew it. "You want me to kiss you?"

"I didn't say where, you could kiss me on the cheek." Lindsey shrugged, trying to play it cool even though he was becoming increasingly nervous.

"Has it ever stopped at only a kiss?"

She was questioning him, but she wasn't as against it as he thought she was going to be. "Don't you think we've gotten better at controlling ourselves?" 

Biting her bottom lip, Stevie remained quiet for a minute. She couldn't say that she didn't want to do it, but she also knew that it was wrong, oh so wrong. Shifting in her seat, she scooted over closer to Lindsey.

"I'll kiss you. On the cheek." Stevie added.

Without breaking eye contact, Stevie cradled Lindsey's face in the soft palms of her hands and pulled him closer, their faces inches apart. He could feel her warm breath on his skin, when she parted her lips. Turning his head, she got closer and pressed her lips to his cheek, lingering for a moment, before she pulled back.

"S-see?" Lindsey stuttered. "That wasn't so hard now wa-"

"Who says, I'm finished?" Stevie interrupted.

With her hands still cupping his face, Stevie locked eyes with Lindsey, seeing a little bit of fear in his, unknowing what might happen next. His lips parted, when she moved closer again. Closing his eyes, he waited for her to kiss him, but she barely brushed her lips against his, when she suddenly backed off completely.

"What have I ever done to you to deserve that?" Lindsey asked, seeing a satisfied smirk on Stevie's face. "You're playing an entirely different kind of game."

"Yeah?" She raised an eyebrow. "What are you going to do about it?"

"Is that a challenge?" 

It certainly was, but Stevie shrugged and reached for her wine. She looked at Lindsey over the rim of the glass awaiting his move. A drop of wine slipped and ran down the side of the glass, which she caught with her tongue, causing him to groan. 

Composing himself, Lindsey had decided on what he was going to do next. He pushed Stevie's hair away from her neck, the same way he had already done earlier, remembering the effect it had on her. She didn't look at him, when he leaned in to kiss her neck in several places, careful not to leave a mark.

By now they had both realized they were dangerously close to making a huge mistake. However, they were so caught up in the moment that neither of the two really cared. Before Lindsey could pull too far away, Stevie placed her hand on the nape of his neck, keeping him in place.

"Was that a challenge?"

The expression on Lindsey's face mirrored the one Stevie showed just minutes ago, awaiting her turn. He didn't expect her to be so bold, when she maneuvered herself onto his lap, her hands on his shoulders, pushing his back against the couch. His hands settled on her thighs and they both sort of waited for something to happen, their constant fight for power forbidding them to back down and give in first.

Lindsey figured that the best he could do was bring his hand up to touch the side of Stevie's face and pull her a little bit closer to his. They could see, what they were doing to each other, but only just then, Lindsey realized that she could also feel it. 

He lost.