Unleash the Beast

It was during the Limo ride back to Auradon that Ben fell unconscious again, succumbing to his wounds and quickly fading. Carlos was panicking trying to tie the bandages tighter and stop the bleeding. Mal took a shaky deep breath knowing what she needed to do. She put her hands-on Ben and spoke powerfully "Mend his wounds and make it quick, let this spell do just the trick." Mal chanted over and over until the open wounds on Ben's skin sealed shut leaving faint scars already. Everyone stared at Mal in awe and she sighed, her eyes bright vibrant green slowly fading back to their usual emerald shade.

"You didn't tell us you could do magic!" Audrey gawked at the girl sitting next to her girlfriend. Mal just rolled her eyes as if it was obvious. It rightly should have been obvious, being the daughter of the good fairy Maleficent and the god of the underworld Hades. She is a Demi-goddess and fairy in her own right. She naturally has magic; she just doesn't usually use it because for the most part magic has been resigned to emergencies and is mostly retired in Auradon. The only thing she has used magic for before this was to change her hairstyle into something new when Dizzy was busy.

"I'm the daughter of Hades and Maleficent. Of course, I can do magic. I just typically don't. Don't make a big deal out of it. I wasn't even sure it would work. I've never made up a spell on the fly before." Mal grumbles as Carlos pulls Ben into his arms tightly holding him lovingly, brushing some of his fringe off his forehead. His eyes flicker open and he looks up to Carlos smiling.

"If I always wake up to your pretty face my little pup, I'll always be happy." Ben reaches up stroking his cheek making Carlos blush. Audrey chuckles and shakes her head.

"Who are you and what have you done with Ben? You're too mushy to be him." Audrey teases and Ben gives her a glare. "Again, not to be the one to ruin a lovely moment but what are we going to do about the Beast? We can't just let him escape." Audrey's words seem to sober Ben and he sits up properly holding Carlos's hand.

"Then we have to go after him and stop him," Ben says resolutely though everyone else looks unconvinced. "What? We can't just let him roam free. Besides I'm pretty sure I know where he is going to go. My father holds grudges for far too long. He is going to go after Belle and Gaston." Ben sighs. At the mention of his mother, Ben's hand grips Carlos's tightly. Ben doesn't like the idea of seeing his mother again or going to her rescue, but it isn't like he has much of a choice. Someone has to do something, and Ben knows deep down it needs to be him. He has stood up to his father already but now he knows he needs to be the one to put his father away. He needs to show his father he isn't afraid anymore. He needs to do the right thing.

Chad pulls over so Evie can drive them to Belle and Gaston's mansion. While they don't have a castle, they do have quite the lavish home. Audrey sits upfront with Evie, so Chad joins them in the back. Ben motions Mal closer and whispers something in her ear. At first, she looks shocked and resistant but Ben whispers in her ear again and she sighs heavily nodding. Chad is now the one to speak up. "So what is the plan exactly? We can't just go in without some kind of idea of what we are going to do. That would be suicide and as much as Ben might currently have some heroic death wish, I, however, do not." Chad comments earning a glare from both Ben and Carlos.

"I have a plan. Let me handle my father." Ben looks to Mal who nods slightly. Carlos looks between them frowning. He grabs Ben's other hand and pulls him to look at him.

"No. We let you handle your father alone last time and we aren't doing that again. Last time you nearly got yourself killed." Carlos argues honestly, he had a point, but Ben would not be swayed. He shook his head at his boyfriend sighing.

"I know what happened last time but this time it'll be different I promise. This time I won't be alone but I still need to be the one to confront my father. Please. Trust me." Ben says looking directly into Carlos's eyes with certainty and bravery in equal measure. He meant everything he was saying and was very sure of himself. In truth, his plan was crazy and frankly had so many flaws but it was the only thing he could come up with right now. Despite his misgivings about this plan in general, Carlos nodded and pulled Ben into a hug which they melted into, embracing each other.

Both were understandably nervous for separate reasons as they pulled up to Belle and Gaston's mansion. The doors were already broken off their hinges and smashed in. The limo was parked next to the one the beast used to get here, and the gang climbed out. Carefully and cautiously they entered the mansion, It was a lavish building in shades of blushing pinks, bold yellows, and dashing reds. It was an opulent display of wealth and prowess as the walls were lined with Gaston's hunting trophies. The roar from the east side of the building drew the gang in toward the parlor where they stumbled upon more unhinged doors. Ben took a deep breath as they entered in finding Gaston and the Beast wrestling. Gaston was losing, his body covered in claw marks from the beast. Belle cowered in the corner sobbing. Ben turned to Mal. "Do it." He commanded. Mal threw Carlos an apologetic glance before holding her hands up with a swell of her magic.

"Unchain, unbind, and free the unreleased, the time has come to unleash the beast," Mal speaks as her magic wraps around Ben. His body morphs and his clothes tear as he transforms into a beast-like his father. Where his father is more of a sandy brown with grey from age. Ben as a beast is a deep chocolate brown fur wise. Without hesitation, Ben launches onto his father grappling him away from Gaston as Mal rushes to his side quickly casting the spell, she used to Ben to heal his wounds. Ben and his father wrestled, slamming one another into walls and floors. They clawed one another and at first, it seemed his father had the upper hand. That Ben was losing to him, but Ben wasn't giving up. He kept getting up no matter what his father did to him, finally letting out a roar of fury he toppled his father, slashing at him and slamming him into the marble floors till they cracked beneath them. He unloaded sixteen years of pent up animosity and anger on his father until he lay motionless and unconscious. Mal used the last of her reserve of magic to cast a spell to keep the beast asleep.

Carlos stood terrified looking at Ben's beastly form in horror. Ben moved to step closer to Carlos but her scrambled backward falling onto his ass and crawling away until he was backed up into the corner. Ben slowly stalked over to him as Carlos cowered. His nightmares of being attacked by his werewolf father haunting him, terrifying him of Ben. Ben leans down carefully and nuzzles into Carlos, making an odd purring noise. At first, Carlos is terrified but as Ben shows him affection, he realizes it's still his Ben. He wraps his arms around his beast of a boyfriend and hugs him tight. He even gives him scritches behind his ear jokingly. Carlos stands up no longer afraid and goes over to Mal. "Can you turn him back now?" Carlos asked but Mal shook her head frowning.

"I'm spent, Carlos. I need to replenish my magic before I can cast any more spells. This one is on you remember. All you have to do is prove you love him. Just like the original spell on the beast." Mal smiled a little bit and Carlos blushed looking up at his beastly boyfriend motioning for him to lean down. Ben leans down and Carlos kisses him softly. In a shower of sparkles and green smoke Ben transforms back into himself, human. Carlos blushes heavily upon realizing Ben is nearly stark naked in front of everyone. Thankfully his pants though stretched out and ripped still worked as pants, they just needed a belt, which Carlos took off himself and put of Ben. Looking up at his boyfriend he looked different. He had a beard now.

"What happened here, baby?" Carlos mused feeling up his beard with slight amusement. Ben smirked feeling it up a bit himself.

"You like it?" Ben chuckles wrapping his bare arms around Carlos.

"Yes... I love it." Carlos chuckles pulling Ben down into a kiss. Audrey and Evie clear their throats at the same time stopping them.

"While I love this display of affection, we need to get this guy back under the barrier." Audrey reasoned and both lovers sighed. Gaston Helped Ben carry his father out to the limo. Lonnie and Mal decided to take him to the isle alone so they could talk. Belle came up to Ben looking regretful.

"Thank you for saving me. I know I said and did some awful things to you, but I was wrong, and I hope someday we can move past my mistakes and be mother and son. I know I don't deserve it, but you proved me wrong. You aren't anything like your father. You had every reason to let him loose on me and my husband, but you came to save us. You risked your own life and wellbeing. I was wrong Ben and I'm sorry." She was genuine this time, meaning every word. It was like a dream to Ben; it didn't quite feel real. Belle opened her arms to Ben, and he hesitated but ultimately hugged his mother back.

"Maybe someday..." Ben echoed turning back to Carlos and his friends. They climb into the second limo and head back to Auradon Prep.