Breaking Point

Lonnie ran from the Family Day event, she didn't belong here. She didn't belong in Auradon and she didn't belong with Mal. She was lying to herself this whole time. How could she possibly turn good when evil still lived in her veins? The reality was heartbreaking and through sobs, she made her way back to her dorm. She didn't even think, she just packed up all her things, leaving behind the suit Evie made her before heading back out. The tears had stopped now but all she felt was pain and determination. She snuck up and stole the limo that brought them here. She put it in gear and started to drive.

Audrey ran, even in her high heels to the dorm as quickly as she could. However, she was too late. The room had been ransacked on Lonnie's side, not even leaving a note but Audrey could feel it. She knew this whole time that Lonnie was struggling to fit in and this was her last straw. What happened with Mal's parents was the final nail in the coffin for Lonnie's time in Auradon. Audrey slumped onto her bed and pulled out her phone calling Ben, having missed the whole argument that happened at Family Day she had no idea why Carlos was answering the phone. "Hello?" Carlos asked, the sounds of Ben sobbing harshly in the background confused and worried her more.

"Carlos? It's Audrey. Lonnie ran from Family Day and took all her things. I think she is running back to the isle." Audrey's voice is shaky with nerves and worry. Carlos let out a gasp and this seemed to silence Ben temporarily.

"What happened? Why would she do that? Why would she run back to the isle?" Carlos stumbled trying to keep everything together, but he was struggling with Ben already and now this. He couldn't figure out how this happened. How things had suddenly gotten so horrible. Everything had been perfect before that wretched phone call, or so he thought.

"Lonnie has been taking the transition to Auradon the hardest and I don't think she could handle the rejection of Mal's parents. They were pretty rude to her. I know it sounds like a small thing but Lonnie hasn't been doing well. The only reason I think she was managing was because of Mal. I think the whole thing broke her. I'm really not sure but she isn't here. What's going on with Ben?" Audrey sighed heavily pinching the bridge of her nose trying to keep her tears and frustration under control.

"Ben's mother showed up to Family Day and tried to give him a half-baked apology. To say it went horribly would be an understatement." Carlos didn't bother to hide the anger in his voice. He frankly was livid that Belle had the absolute stupidity to do what she did. Ben was right in calling her heartless, but this line of thinking wasn't productive. He needed to do some damage control before things got any worse. "Ben and I are going to head back to the event and grab Chad and Mal. We have to stop Lonnie before she gets to the Isle if that is where she actually is going. We'll meet you outside of Auradon Prep's Main entrance. Prepare for the worst." Carlos commented. Audrey agreed before the two hung up. Audrey slipped out of her formal attire and slipped back into her old Isle outfit that she wore to come here before heading out to wait for the others.

Carlos turned to Ben consoling him a bit. "Ben we need to go... Lonnie might be trying to go back to the isle. If she is then she will need you guys to stop her." He put a gentle hand on Ben's back but Ben shook it off standing up coldly.

"Maybe we should have never come here. Maybe Lonnie is right to go back to the isle. Maybe Belle was right..." Ben sounded so cold and defeated, his walls coming back up and pushing Carlos out. Carlos went to argue but Ben just help up his hand. "Let's just go..." Ben started walking back the way they came, ignoring his injured hand and Carlos who frowned but didn't feel now was the time to argue. When they made it back to the event, Ben rounded up Chad while Carlos went and got Mal, briefly explaining to them what was going on. Both Mal and Chad were concerned but Mal was truly heartbroken and filled with rage towards her parents. They had caused this. She charged right up to her parents ignoring everyone's attempts to stop her.

"Lonnie is missing all because you two couldn't just be happy for me. She has been trying so hard to adjust and be good and you threw all that in her face just because she comes from the isle. I can't believe either of you. I hope she hasn't run off back to the isle because if she doesn't come back, I don't think I could forgive you. Either of you." Mal raged tears prickling the corners of her eyes before she turned and stomped back over to her waiting friends. Ben was the only one who didn't seem to care, he just stared blankly off as if he wasn't even there. Once he snapped back to reality the group went to meet up with Audrey in front of Auradon Prep. Once they were all together, they agreed to search different places to see if they could find her. Everyone splits up mostly into pairs, but Ben refused, deciding to go alone despite Carlos's protest. He couldn't handle this right now, being around Carlos made it hard to ignore his feelings. He just wanted to be alone. So he went looking for the limo, just in time to catch a glimpse of the limo crossing the magical bridge back to the isle. Ben gave a frustrated sigh and sent out a group message to everyone.

"Lonnie left. I just saw the limo heading back to the isle. We're too late." Ben sent the message before heading back to his and Carlos's dorm room alone despite everyone meeting up at Lonnie and Audrey's. Ben felt more lost than ever. He loved Carlos and he wanted everything to be good but there was still evil in him and no matter how hard he tried it wouldn't go away. He was always going to be from the isle just like Lonnie. The only difference is going back meant certain death at the hands of his father but staying didn't feel right either anymore. Nothing felt right and Carlos deserved so much better, better than anything a villain's kid could ever provide. Ben slipped back into his isle clothes and headed back to the enchanted lake, ignoring the constant text messages on his phone.