Processing

Carlos was terribly worried about Ben. He was worried about Lonnie too but being on the isle at least she was home. Being out and about in Auradon and feeling as defeated and lost and Ben seemed to be was far worse. He didn't know what Ben was going to do. He sat in their dorm room sending Ben texts and trying to call him. He didn't get a response assuming Ben had now shut his phone off to ignore the incoming text messages. Carlos didn't know where Ben could be but he grabbed one of Ben's Jackets and wrapped it around himself, pulling his knees up to his chest and just letting himself cry in worry and frustration. In one moment Carlos was cut off again from Ben. This just seemed to be how he copes but it still hurt. Carlos didn't know how late it had gotten to be when he fell asleep curled up in Ben's jacket.

Meanwhile Ben sat by the enchanted lake going over it all with his feet in the water. He could feel the magic water lap at his ankles in a soothing way as if the lake itself was attempting to comfort him. It was practically pitch black out now with the moonlight of a full moon the only thing illuminating the area other than a rainbow of multicolored magic fireflies. As beautiful and serene as the environment was there was a war raging inside him. How could he stay here without Lonnie? Lonnie was one of his best friends and she understood him in a way some of the other gang couldn't. She understood the most how hard being in Auradon really was. She understood the desires for mischief and action. His need to steal and beat people up. She understood the evil that still bubbled up in his gut that couldn't be entirely extinguished no matter how much good he piled onto it. Sure there were a lot of good things about being in Auradon but the struggle to be good was overwhelming at times. He still snaps back at people and can come off cold. He still doesn't like that Tourney is such a soft sport in Auradon by comparison. All the evil and mean things he has to hold back from saying because it isn't done in Auradon. It all comes to an almost nauseating head with how people don't fear him or respect his territory. He misses feeling like someone important on the isle. However, going back is no longer an option. He burned that bridge the moment he spoke back to his father. Going back would be pretty much suicide. As much as he didn't want to admit it, no matter how dark it was, the idea wasn't unappealing.

His inner beast groans in protest at these thoughts reminding him of Carlos. Carlos would lose it if he knew Ben was having such dark thoughts. He cared so much about Ben and vise versa that he knew that continuing this line of thinking was unreasonable. He has someone who loves and cares about him, not seeming to care that he is from the isle or still has evil in him. Carlos is there for him no matter what and unlike Mal's parents, Cruella seems to approve. Ben is accepted into Carlos and Cruella's small little family in a way he never has been. It physically pains him to think about spurning such love and care now. He is too good to go back to the isle and being purely evil. This is still his chance to be something other than what his father molded him into. Something beyond the abuse and pain. Something good and wonderful. Something meaningful and worth being proud of. While his future has no definite answers he knows one thing. That no matter what he chooses he needs Carlos by his side. His love too great now to deny. It hurts to think about how worried he must have made Carlos by now. He whimpers into the semi-silence at how guilty he feels. He pushed Carlos out again. He's been such a terrible boyfriend and only hopes that he can somehow make it up to Carlos. Not to mention his friend his back on the isle and he is just sitting here wallowing in his own self-pity instead of doing something.

Ben stands and puts his shoes and socks back on before heading back to Auradon Prep, sneaking silently back to his dorm. He comes upon Carlos curled up asleep in his jacket and his heart tears a little bit. Not because of how adorable he looks as a whole but for how red his eyes look and how lonely and worried he must have been. Ben slips his clothes off down to just his boxers and a tank top for the night. Regardless of what they do about Lonnie, they aren't going to be doing it tonight and they need a good night's sleep to sort this out. Ben unwraps the jacket from around Carlos and puts it on a hook before starting to undress Carlos and get him ready for bed, being gentle as not to wake him. In the middle of slipping Carlos's black and white paw print pajamas onto him, Carlos grumbles and rouses from his sleep confused at first before seeing Ben and throwing himself onto him hugging tightly, face buried in his shoulder. Ben just holds him silently for a long moment before crawling onto the Ben and pulling Carlos into his lap. "You absolute idiot Benjamin!" Carlos sobs despite hugging him tightly. "Where have you been? I've been trying to call you and text you all night but you ignored me. I was worried you went back to the isle too. I was so scared you might not come back." Carlos nuzzles his face into his lover to wipe away his tears on Ben's tank top. He lets out a sigh of frustration before looking up at Ben expectantly.

"I was at the enchanted lake taking some time to think... I'm sorry I worried you little pup. I never wanted to worry you. I just needed time to think and be alone. Today has gone completely wrong and I still feel wrong inside. I'm not good Carlos... no matter how hard I try I still have urges to do things like steal and rough people up. Part of me misses it. Part of me doesn't. I know I'm not all evil but it is hard for me to ignore. I feel awful for making you worry but the evil in me just wants to throw you on the bed and make it up to you because you are so damn adorable." Both let out a much-needed laugh and Carlos pulls Ben into a loving and gentle kiss.

"You don't have to make anything up to me. I was there with you today. I know how hard all of this has been for you. I love you anyway. So don't be afraid that you are going to lose me or something. You're stuck with me. I know you still have some evil in you. I've gotten used to it and sometimes I find it attractive, depending on the circumstance." Carlos giggles and blushes faintly.

"I love you too little pup. I really do and I'll happily be stuck with you because you are my territory, my only territory now but mine none the less. I claimed you. Speaking of claiming..." Ben smirks charmingly before pulling Carlos tightly against him kissing down from his lips to his neck leaving a big love bite bruise on his neck. Carlos's breathing hitches and he lets out the most adorable whimper. Ben chuckles and nuzzles his nose against his neck and jaw, following it with kisses. "We should get some sleep." Carlos whines and scoffs.

"Tease..." Carlos giggles a bit at the look of pure mischief on Ben's face.

"Unless you need me to wear you out...?" Ben whispers into his ear giving it a playful nibble.

"I did take a nap... so I could use the help." Carlos teased back. Ben grinned and rolled on top of Carlos before pretending to fall asleep on him. He makes soft snoring noises making his lover groan and reach down to grope him. Ben fakes waking up and chuckles playfully before leaning down to press Carlos back into loving kisses.