Chapter 31

This is the final chapter guys... I'm so excited ...

Third person POV
The knock on the door finally came. Chelsea, as ecstatic as she could be opened to door to reveal Dylan, standing there and looking nervous. She had never seen him look this nervous before and she was tempted to take a picture.

Things felt so right as she and Dylan descended the stairs and got into the car. Once Dylan began to drive, Chelsea could notice that he was tense because he kept tapping the steering wheel continuously. She put her hand on his shoulder and he seemed to relax a little.

After a while, he spoke. “My father is going to commit suicide.” Chelsea gasped and used her palm to cover her mouth.

“I’m so sorry Dylan.”

“d-don’t be sorry. It has nothing to do with you.”

“I know but, how do you feel though?”

“Nothing. I mean I’m tense but I feel nothing. At this point, it’s the best thing he can do for himself. He should just die and relieve himself. I didn’t consider him as my father a long time ago, why do so now?”

“I understand what you mean. I guess he doesn’t have any other choice. I’m here for you though. If you need anything, I’ll be by your side.”

He looked at Chelsea and happiness was all he could feel. He never knew he could have a normal conversation with Chelsea for this long. The last time she was in his car, she almost got herself injured, and now, here they were, talking like they had been long lost friends.

He finally got to where he was taking her and he saw a somewhat confused look on her face.

“Just follow me,” he said as he held her hand.

Chelsea was glad that she wore sneakers and not the heels Katy suggested. As they walked through the sand, Chelsea smiled as the cool night breeze hit her face. She was happy that this was the way things worked out for her.

She gasped in awe as she saw the setting before her. Dylan really out did himself. On the sand, there were candled lanterns that formed a heart shape, a blanket in the middle of it all and a picnic basket. It was small but it was amazing.

She looked at Dylan happily and he just nodded his head, answering her silent question. He did everything. From the food preparation, to the heart shaped lights.

He watched as she went over to where the blanket was and picked up the card that was on it.

It’s time to move on. You Chelsea, taught me that if you want something in life, you have to do it yourself. If you love something, you go for it and hold it tight, never letting go.

You have showed me the true meaning of love, the true meaning of friendship. Every single moment we spent together, both the good and bad, I never for once regretted it. I always admired your personality.

I am grateful for everything that I did to you. Starting from the kiss till this day. I am grateful for every single moment you went feisty with me. I never wanted to let you go, I never would let you go.

I was ever willing to wait for you, to wait for the day you would finally realize what you feel for me.

Thank you for coming into my life Chelsea Carmen. I can’t imagine a future without you. That is why I am taking this step into the future…

Be my girlfriend…

Chelsea looked at Dylan with tears in her eyes. She couldn’t believe this was happening. She was taking a step into the future… a brighter future. She could already see the little kids running around.

She smiled at the thought and nodded. “Yes Dylan. I would love to be your girlfr-”

She couldn’t finish her statement because the minute she said yes, Dylan took charge of her lips. He claimed her lips and she responded quickly.

They had both kissed different people before now, but they felt like it was their first. Chelsea ran her hands through his hair as he pulled her closer.

The kiss was a kiss of satisfaction, happiness and love. It wasn’t the one that you felt lustful or angry, she felt at ease, she felt satisfied…

She felt safe.

They pulled away from each other, gasping for air and resting their foreheads against each other. Chelsea smiled and Dylan pulled her in for a hug, a passionate and loving hug.

The moment had to be ruined when her stomach growled. Dylan chuckled and they both sat down, eating their food in silence.

There wasn’t much to say. They both felt happy for this change in their lives. Chelsea felt like the luckiest girl in the world.
The old Chelsea was gone, and she was never to return. This is the new Chelsea… the better Chelsea

And she couldn’t be any happier.

She went close to Dylan and rested her head on his shoulder while they held hands. Dylan kissed her head and at that point, there was no going back from this. She felt safe… she was happy…

She was his… and he was hers.
Turns out, they were both desperate for each other.

It's finally over. Thank you so much guys for following me through this journey. All your votes and comments have made me happy. I'm grateful that I can confidently press the completed button.

Stay safe everyone... love you all✌❤❤