Chapter 33: Happy Christmas!

Isabella got a big black tee shirt that said "Ask me about my ninja costume" and held it in front of my face
-I'm giving this to Daniel!- she exclaimed.
-Uhhhhh... Okay?- I said.
-But look it's not what it seems!- Isabella put the tee over her shirt and then pulled it up so it covered her face. Underneath,the tee had the face of a ninja printed.
-That's so... COOL!- it seemed so amazing!
-I know right?- Isabella put the shirt back down and removed it,leaving her again in her shirt.
-Ah... I still haven't got a gift to Ludwig because that German blockhead says he doesn't want anything...- Isabella patted my shoulder and said
-Come on,accept it and that way you don't have to spend so much money! If he says he doesn't want any,don't get him any...-
-That's not how it works. Because after that he'll get jealous or mad and won't say it. He knows I got gifts for everyone except him because he won't let me!- I whined. It was almost 7 days until Christmas now.

5 days to Christmas and I got nothing.
-It's a stupid little gift but...- I muttered to myself. It was the mall,again. My brother just asked for... Every single item in the Nike store and all I did was go around with my "dead-zombie-looking" face everywhere.
-Come one,Isabel... Whatcha working yourself for?- asked my mother.
-Nah,nussing...- I said.
-Well remember that we got invited to your friend,Jones,house for Christmas Eve. Did you get him a gift?-
-Yes...-
-Good.- she entered a store when suddenly...

Christmas Eve. Everything was Christmas-ier than before. Me too. I was a bomb,that could explode anytime soon with Christmas cheer.
I was getting out of the car when I noticed Alfred's Christmas party wasn't just any Christmas party.
It was an extreme Christmas party. Christmas music blasted out the windows and the lights were blinding. Alfred opened the door before I could even ring the bell.
-Yo! Isabel! You came! And hello Isabel's family!- he shook my dad's hand and also my mom's. Then he took my hand and said -C'mon,get in.-
Alfred's mother arrived and said -Alfie! Your manners? Well,what's done is done. Nice to meet you~- she got our jackets and guided us to the living room where most of the adult guests were. Then Alfred climbed the stairs and motioned to me to tag along.
-You're only wearing a blue shirt and red pants? Where's your Christmas spirit?- he asked as we climbed up
-Look who's talking,mister jeans.-
We got upstairs only to get into a TV room with racks full of movies,video games and series DVDs.
-Here's the guys!- exclaimed Alfred.
-Uhh... I only came here because my parents made me twat.- said Arthur,wearing a pair of headphones. Everyone was dispersed: Bad Friend Trio (and Valeria) over there,Axis trio over here,Yao,Lovino and Arthur commenting about... Anything there. And I think I saw Ivan downstairs.
-Okay,that's enough. If we are here for Christmas we are doing it right!- I said. It was annoying to see they were just acting like it was not a big deal.
-Sorry,Isabel-san,but I'm not Christian.- said Kiku
-It's not about religions Kiku. It's about family,friends and sharing! Alfred you go get Ivan,I don't care if you see him as creepy. And Lovino,please act nice with everyone.- I said firmly.
-Uh... Frau? Are you okay? You've never been this... Bossy.- said Gilbert.
-Shush,wanna celebrate Christmas? Well,sit down and let's watch Christmas movies. Together.- I sat down dragging Ludwig and his brother to sit too.
-Alright dude... Here's Ivan.- said Alfred unenthusiastic. The Russian teen just shyly looked from above and also sat down in a corner.
-Pssst... This is ridiculous.-
-Aww,Lovino,fratello! What happened to-a Christmas spirit?- Feliciano poked Lovi's cheek.
I pressed play on "The Little Drum Boy" and everyone began listening. Kiku took note of what the narrator said at the begging.
-Ludwig-san,this story is very interesting... It might help us understand the history of Christmas.- he whispered
-That's right,it has a very big value in our research...- answered Ludwig. That proved my gift was even better. But that does not matter now...

The movie ended and it was already 10 pm.
-Dinner is ready,Alfie sweetheart!- said Ms.Jones.
-Moooooom! Don't call me sweetheart!- he said as he ran downstairs. Every guest sat down and then everyone began praying. The Honda family seemed a bit awkward,trying to blend in but not being able to. After than everyone began eating. The food wasn't so great but it was food.
-So how is it?- asked Ms.Jones. Everyone said it was good with a very forced smile on their faces.

Upstairs again,I got out a red bag and handed out presents.
-This is for you,and you... And you,here you go!-
-Dios mío,Isabel. Thanks!- said Antonio. He got a paper watch you can decorate.
-Chérie,c'est très bien!- Francis got some colored earphones.
-Thank you,it was very thoughtful from you.- Arthur,I got him a tea cup with a "biscuit pocket",then gestured to Valeria
-This is great,I really like it.- like I know she loves Gil I gave her one of those heart-shaped lockets to put a picture of them in it.
-You're like Oprah dude! Rocks!- Alfred had an airplane-shaped pen.
-Arigato. I'm very humble and grateful.- Kiku had a tea cup that when you added a hot beverage the color changed.
-Woah this is amazing,xièxiè!- Yao got a multi-charger for his many phones and calls. He was going to be a business man.
-спасибо~- Ivan,like I knew he likes sunflowers,got a little "plant-your own" sunflower
-Kesesese~ Awesome me is grateful!- Gil got a keychain that said "Awesome". I don't need to explain any further do I?
-Ah... Danke. Isabel you didn't have to.- last was Ludwig to say thanks.
-You gave me a hard time choosing a gift but I think you'll like it. Ludwig opened it. It was a general history anthology,covered in leather. -I heard you like history.-
He gestured to kiss me but stopped when he saw he was in front of everyone else.
-Kesesese~ Why don't you get in the closet?- said Gilbert.
-Well,why don't you and Valeria go in first?- I said,joking. Arthur looked at me and silently began to plot my death.
Everyone got and gave gifts: I ended up with books,clothes and even socks. But not any socks: colorful cool socks from Arthur. And I got a bag of cookies by Ludwig.
-I don't understand why you're ashamed of your baking skills.- I asked him
-Ja,about that...- he sweated nervously.
-Dudes,almost midnight! Let's go down.-

5 minutes until midnight,very one gathered around the tree. No one could wait any longer and it was obvious.
-DUDE LIKE 4 SECONDS.- yelled Alfred and then...
Ding dong
-Merry Christmas!- everyone was cheerful and jumping around.
I was about to kiss Ludwig when he pointed to my parents
-Are you sure Isabel?- he asked me. I quickly kissed him and his cheeks got slightly pink.
-Merry Christmas,Ludwig~- I said softly to him. -And happy holidays to everybody!- I said louder to everybody.