Chapter fifteen

I woke up and the second I did the bright lights of the room gave me a headache. I closed my eyes once more in a failed attempt to fall back asleep. I looked straight up at the bright lights and part of me simply wished that they'd fall on me and I'd be dead just as simple as that, but most of me wished to see Jack, I needed to see his cheeky smile and kiss his soft lips.

   I picked myself out of bed and I took a breath in and held it for a few seconds before breathing out slowly. I walked to the door and tried to open it, but it was locked from the outside.

  "Great," I mumbled.

  I sat back down on the bed and I waited, and waited, and waited for what I was unsure but I felt as if something important was waiting to happen. Then I finally remembered, I should be let out today. I perked up and a rare smile appeared on my face, I couldn't wait until I was let out of this hellhole. I tried to keep myself entertained by thinking, but that was useless. I remember how after my brother died I used to write songs, I never thought they were good but I remember people telling me I was talented so I decided to ask a nurse for a pen and paper.

   I was given a speech on how this was progress and on how I was being trusted that I wouldn't attempt suicide with a pen, I had to physically stop myself from rolling my eyes at this.

   I stared at the sheet of paper and the pen on my table, I wasn't sure what to write. After about twenty minutes I thought of the fact that before this my parents had forced me to go to therapy and how I'd thought I didn't need it, oh how wrong I was.

   "Give me therapy I'm a walking travisty." I wrote down.

   I stared at the line and I knew it wasn't a good line to start a song but it was good for a chorus.

   "Maybe I should write the chorus first," I thought.

   I thought of how before I would always fake a smile, who am I kidding, I still do.

  "But I'm smiling at everything,"  I wrote under that.

   Yet again I'd hit another block, I wasn't sure what kind of song I really wanted to write, I was just sure I needed to connect with it. I thought of maybe mentioning Lisa in this song but I wasn't sure how.

  "Therapy you were never a friend to me," I thought of all the times she'd hurt me, and how each time I'd come running back like dog to its owner.

  "You can keep all your miseries," Oh, how I wished she could take back all our memories, both the good and the bad, though the bad seemed to out way the good.

   Just then I heard a knock at my door, I folded the paper up and placed it on my bed as it was opened.

   "Are you ready for lunch?" Doctor Ashby asked.

   I nodded my head and got up.

   "Usually I don't escort patients around but I figured since your getting released after lunch I'd make an exception."