Mental Ward

Chapter one

"Im so sorry," I wrote down, my hands were shaking and I could barely see through my tears.

I put the letter down and picked up the bottle of pills. I looked down at my arms, they were still bleeding. I opened the bottle and swallowed each and every pill. I went into my room and laid down, I was starting to feel dizzy. I closed my eyes, after a couple minutes I was finally going to drift off into my eternal slumber. I faintly heard a door close, followed my footsteps. I opened my eyes and looked at my door, seconds before my eyes closed I caught a sight of my parents rushing into my room.

I opened my eyes again, "shouldn't I be dead," I thought. I looked around only I wasn't in my room, actually I wasn't even in my own house.

"Is this heaven?" I whispered.

I heard a chuckle and looked to where I'd heard the sound.

"Sorry to disappoint but, you're only in a hospital," a nurse said.

"But I took every pill how could I be alive?" I asked.

"Well, Alex, you're parents managed to get you here with enough time for the doctors to pump your stomach and to stitch up your cuts."

I looked down at my arms, I looked almost like a doll who was falling apart. I ran my hand up and down each cut, I flinched as I did.

"Your arms are gonna be sore for a couple weeks, those were extremely deep its a miracle you didn't bleed out, God was on your side," the nurse said before leaving.

I looked around the room, I left so alone. I stared at the walls for what felt like hours but were only minutes, eventually my parents came in. My mom hugged and my dad kissed my forehead. My mom tried as she told my how much she loved me, my dad told me as he did I swore I saw his heartbreak.

"Alex, your father and I have discussed this and we think it'd be best for you to be in a," my mom looked to my dad unware of what to say.

"A mental ward," my dad said looking down.

"I promise we'll come and visit were just so worried about you," My mom continued.

My mom began to cry into my dad's shirt. She left the room but my dad stayed.

"Alex, I'm so sorry we have to do this, the hospital'll take you tomorrow I know one day you'll understand why were doing this," he then left and went with my mom.

I didn't sleep that night, I simply wished the pills had worked.