Chapter 11...

[ Chapter eleven ]

"If you want, we can take a break before finishing the remaining questions ". I suggested, putting the notebook aside I stood up to rid off the numb on my foot before it gets worse.

"Sure, I'll just go down to grab a bottle of water". Tristan announced as he stood up from the chair. I nodded watching him as he had his eyes trained on me. I tried to look away but I just couldn't. It was like an electrical current force between us. When he neared me, I felt my breath hitch up as he slowly brushed past me smoothly. I let out a puff as I heard the room door shut.

Dropping down on the bed, I took the pillow and covered my flushed face before anyone could see me. The noise of the door opened an immediately I pulled the pillow off my face and sat up. Shit what if Tristan saw me like this. He'll definitely think I'm just lost my mind.

"Annie". I tried to hide my embarrassment. "When did yous get back"? I wondered out loud. "Angeline, how nice to see your busy". Annie smirked as she came and sat infront of me. She was acting.....strange.

"Um yeah, soo". I drawled out giving her a suspicious look. "Chil girl, I'm not gonna scare the poor boy away. It's just your face was scarlet red when I walked in here". She laughed out loud. "Someone please help me". I gwaked at her.

"So tell me, do you have a crush on Mr Hotness". She nudged me, choking on my saliva, I glared at her. "Someone could hear you Annie". I scolded while whispering back. "No and I barely know the guy. How could you even think about that". I rolled my eyes.

Clearing of someone's throat got our attention as we both snapped our head towards the door. My mouth formed an O as I felt my cheeks heat up of even more embarrassment. Tristan stood at the door with an unreadable look plastered on his face.

"Were you standing there that long"? I couldn't stop the words as they left my parted lips. "No, I just got here". He said avoiding my eyes. Okayy, what is going on. "Umm..I..uhh will see you later". Annie stuttered as she gave me a wink before leaving is alone.

[ Tristan's pov ]

No matter how hard I try to ignore her, I just couldn't bring myself to do so. I hate that I can't keep my eyes off of her. I hate that she looks at me differently.  Well I'm glad she does on the other hand. What I'm tryna figure out is why she sees me as no one of importance in her life. Technically was.

Shutting her room door softly, I stood there with a frown on the edges of my lips. I growled out in anger at myself for how weak I am infront of her. I raked my hand through my hair tugging on the edges, a sigh escaped my lips as I brought my hand back down and slipped it into my jean pocket before strolling down the stairs towards the kitchen.

I walked in but stopped shortly as Andrew's head shot up from the phone and looked at me. I ignored his eyes and walked straight towards the refrigerator to grab a bottle of water. "Hey man, thanks for standing up for  Angeline, you didn't have to-" Andrew muttered as I turned back around cutting him off.

"I just did what any other guy would do". I glared. How could he.
With the bottle in my hand, I was about to exit the kitchen when his next words stopped me dead in my tracks.

"Another thing, Angeline's been through a rough time that none of us know about. She's been keeping it to herself and we can see its eating her up. We badly want to help but she's not comfortable to talk. Just be easy on her and don't push for answers". Andrew warned.