Holy Crap...

I opened my eyes. "Oh my head." I commented touching it and realizing I was in the hospital. I was awake and my mom walked in "Sweetheart your awake. I was so worried, what happened? Are you okay?" she asked hugging me.

"Ow mom at the moment I'm fine and honestly I don't really remember what happened." I said lying and feeling really bad cause she was the best mom in the world.

"It's okay honey, the doctors said your memory might be a bit foggy. You lost a lot of blood and you needed a blood transfusion. You have the same blood as your father, AB and I have O. Luckily Jack was here and it turns out he has the same blood type so he saved you" she whispered frantically.

"Oh I'd rather be dead." l mumbled to myself.

Jack walked in and I freaked out because my mom said "I'll leave you kids alone now, I'm going to get something to eat."

"No mom don't, please don't leave me" I said frantically.

"What's wrong sugar? This is your best friend Jack remember?"

"No I don't I don't think I've ever met him before, don't leave me with this stranger." I kept rambling pretending hoping she would stay and she did.

"Honey this is Jack. You've known him since forever, well before your accident." she said sweetly.

"Jack is it? Tell me about yourself and some things we used to do." I said still pretending, for my mom at least because Jack saw right through my lie, I could see it in his face.

"Well you've known me since kindergarten. We used to play in the sandbox together, while the other kids made fun of us singing 'jack and jenny sitting in a tree...' As we moved up we spent summers together at the beach or at the pond, we even went fishing once. I don't know if you can recall but, we were there with our family and you couldn't catch a single thing you got mad and stormed off and when you came back I pushed you into the lake and you fell dragging me with you."

My mom had left but I was too busy lost in my memories to notice. I can't believe he remembered that we used to play in the sand box. I was speechless. Tears fell from my face. 

"Did any of it trigger something?" he asked clearly still pretending. 

l still couldn't speak so I just nodded. "See Jenny, I'm still your best friend...it's just that sometimes my bad side leaks out, and it's because I like you...but I don't want to hurt you so l thought it best to just be friends. I've tried to move on, but as you can see that hasn't worked out so well" he said with a chuckle.

I was stunned, "What about Henry?"

"Henry just agreed to help me keep you safe, in case l ever tried to hurt you." he answered honestly.

"But the phone call?" I asked.

"It was all a scheme to get you to come to me, although that didn't work out so well. I'm sorry, it's just that when I saw Henry with you...I snapped. That wasn't part of the plan though I saw right through you, I saw the hurt on your face when you saw me with that other girl. I was angry at myself and at Henry. I told you the truth in the hope that you'd stick by my side."

His face was inches from mine I could feel his hot breath on my face. "But instead you feared me" he whispered, as my breathing became faster. His lips touched mine and I didn't move away. There had to be something really wrong with me, I was kissing my best friend who was also a killer, stalker and...a child molester. 

l pushed him away realizing the thought. I had to know. "You said, you were arrested for those awful things...child molesting?" I wasn't really sure how to ask.