Is this simply a game?

I ran to my mom throwing the flowers onto the floor. They were red tulips my favorite, but looking at them now only sickened me knowing who they were from. 

I started untying my mom and when she was free Jack helped me place her on the couch. I brought a wet towel and placed it on her forehead.  

"Mom?" I questioned.

"He's going to pay for this" Jack said angrily as he wrapped his arms around me. 

"How did he do this?" I asked crying softly into his chest.

"I don't know, but this will end soon." he said with determintion laced into his voice.

There was a groan of pain and I quickly pulled away seeing as my mom was regaining consciousness.

"Oh my god, you're safe Jenny" she said as she hugged me tight.

"Yes mom I was with Jack the whole time, are you okay?" I asked as I pulled away.

"Yes, I am, I just have a bit of a headache." she said with a sheepish smile.

"What exactly happened?" Jack asked in all seriousness.

"Well when you guys left for the movies I decided to stay here a while longer, I was in the kitchen trying to see if I could make you a birthday cake when all of a sudden someone came behind me holding a knife to my neck. I was so scared, but they told me not to move so I didn't. He asked me where you were and I told him that I didn't know. He held the blade closer so I said that last I saw you, you guys went to the park for a picnic." she said as she began to recall everything. 

"He knew I was lying and he grabbed my hair and threw me to the floor angrily. I tried to crawl away, but he pulled me back and he roughly grabbed me tying me to the chair. He made me tell him where you were. I tried not saying anything, but he slapped me." 

"He actually slapped me really hard I passed out a couple of times. After  while he said it was useless so he got a bouquet of your favorite flowers and a card with something written on it, and that's when he hit me really hard." she said as she remembered.

I remembered throwing the card to the side. I stood quickly finding it on the floor. I picked it up and opened the birthday card. 

Did you really think I was done? Happy birthday, just FYI I am never going to stop, I want revenge for my sister's death and once Jack suffers through the pain I have, we'll be even. Send him my regards, hope you liked the flowers. By the way you're mom is a beautiful woman maybe instead of taking you I'll just take her instead, sweat dreams. Remember you only turn 18 once so enjoy it.

Silent tears strolled down my face as Jack and my mom tried to comfort me, but it was useless. Jack told my mom that she could stay so she didn't have to be by herslef at home. She took some pills and went to one of the empty bedrooms. 

"Jack I'm scared" I whispered softly, my voice hoarse from crying.

"I know baby" he replied as he wrapped his arms tightly around me and kissed my forehead. 

"Don't leave me Jack" I said as he began to pull away.

"I won't not if you don't want me to" he said as he started walking towards his room.  

It was decorated in dark colors and their was a king sized bed in the middle. He walked towards his closet and picked out a random t shirt and some boxer shorts and handed them to me. He led me to the bathroom and pushed me in.

"Don't worry I'll be right here." he said reassuringly although I didn't feel any better. I walked into the bathroom and changed quickly. I noticed that Jack's shirt was really big on me. I smiled and then turned towards the door.

I felt a hot breath on my neck. I gasped and turned around quickly. It was Mason. I took some steps back causing my back to hit the wall. 

"You're so beautiful Jenny" he whispered. He reached for my face, but I slapped his hand away. 

"Jenny are you okay?" Jack asked through the door.

"Scream and I'll kill you right now" Mason growled. I covered my mouth as tears started to fall down my face. 

"Jenny?" he asked again and the door knob turned which made me scoot away from it. Mason used this to his advantage and grabbed a hold of my neck. He didn't squeeze he just held me there.

"Mason" Jack said.

"You should be more careful" Mason replied.

"Let her go" Jack said angrily. He stepped forward, but Mason stepped back pulling me with him and squeezing my neck slightly causing me to gasp for breath.

"Take one more step and I'll squeeze tighter" Mason hissed.

"Mason stop" I gasped. He loosened his grip a little bit, but held me in place.

"C'mon Jack how long are we going to keep playing this game?" Mason aasked.

"This isn't a game, Jenny is not a toy that you can just take away from me" Jack replied angrily.

"Neither was my sister!" Mason yelled pulling back and tightening his hold on my neck. I gasped and Jack took a couple of steps forward which only caused Mason's hold to tighten.

"Mason let her go you have no way out of here, especially not with her." Jack said.

"I know" Mason replied as he threw me against the tub's rim. I screamed and started feeling something drip down my forehead. I touched it and it was blood.

Jack rushed toward me. "Are you okay?" he asked. I looked up at him and tried to nod, but I didn't feel in control of my body. I couldn't even see him very well, all I could see was a blurry figure.

"Mason" I croaked out.

"I'll be right back baby, just hold on" Jack said as he chased after Mason. I slowly pushed myself up and stood but I got really dizzy and woozy and I fell to the floor.