The Truth

I took a deep breath trying to steady myself.

Jack asked "What's wrong? Why did you scream?"

"Nothings wrong, sorry just had an odd dream, but I'm good" I replied shyly.

"Was the dream about me?" he asked.

"No, why would you think that?" I replied getting of the bed and slowly stepping back.

"Really?" he said flurtingly. "Then why did you scream as soon as you saw me?" He started coming closer to me as he asked.

"Um because I forgot you stayed over and I didn't expect you to be there" I lied.

"Liar..." He was so close to me and my back was against the wall, I had nowhere to go. My breathing started coming out ragged and fast. "You think I'm a monster don't you?" He stepped back.

As soon as he did my breathing turned normal again "No I don't think your a monster, it's just-" he didn't let me finish because he said, "You don't understand, I didn't mean to do it, something just snapped, I'm not really sure. I'm okay now so you don't have to be afraid. I did my time and I realized that what I did was wrong. I'm sorry I hadn't told you, but I didn't want you to see me like you do now, with fear in your eyes."

"So how old are you really?" I asked afraid of the answer I was going to get.

"I'm 19 I was in the institute for 2 years" he replied.

"When did you start doing all those horrible things?" I asked.

"When I was 15, remember when I 'moved away' for two years that was why" he said softly.

I was dumbfounded, I couldn't breathe I always thought he was so nice and innocent. I fell to the ground unable to stand as my knees gave out. He was at my side in an instant. I didn't know if I was relieved or more nervous than I was before.

"I'm sorry" he whispered as he laid me on the bed and kissed my forehead. I was trying to breath slowly. "I knew you weren't ready to know, but at least now you know what I am or what I was" he whispered. 

----

I was at the movies with Henry because I needed to get out of the house. I couldn't stay in the house constantly thinking about what Jack had said.

The movie was good, and when it was done we walked out laughing and retelling all the funny parts. We had seen The Other Guys with Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg. As we walked out I bumped into someone.

 "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"Oh it's fine" was the response.

"Jack? What are you doing here?" I asked wondering if he had followed me here.

"Oh I'm here with my girlfriend" he said pointing at the blonde looking bimbo at his side.

"Girlfriend?" I asked as my eyes got a bit watery. 

"Ya, we've been going out for two weeks."

"Oh that's nice" I said sadly.

He turned and started kissing her passionately. It was as if he had just put a dagger through my heart. Henry saw that and took my hand, and pulled me in for a hug. "It's okay, we'll show him" Jack pulled away from her, a couple of minutes after our hug was done. 

Henry took my face in his hands pulled me in for a kiss. It was so unexpected, that at first I didn't respond. Henry licked my bottom lip for entrance and he kissed me softly. When we broke apart, Jack looked surprised and said.

"I didn't know you guys were going out?" he said surprised.

"Ya, she didn't want to tell anybody, but we've been going out for a month already." Henry said expertly putting his hand around my waist.

"You guys should join us then." said his bimbo blonde girlfriend.

"I wish we could, but we just finished our movie and we're going home" he said smiling.

We left and I moved his hand off my waist, "You should've given me a heads up Henry." I said laughing and pushing him.

"Ya I should've, but then it would've looked fake" he said smiling, and laughing, "and besides you needed to prove that you weren't going to wait for him forever. If he can't see how great you are then its his loss not yours." he said truthfully.

"Thanks Henry you're the best. So nothing awkward between us?"

 "Thanks, and not unless you make it that way." he replied smiling.

----

I was at my house all alone. Why would Jack have a girlfriend and not tell me? We were best friends, but lately he had been distant and not telling me anything. It was almost as if I didn't know him anymore. I walked into my room thinking deeply.

I opened the big cupboard with all my movies and games to fine something to distract myself with, but what I saw instead made me gag.

"Oh god" I recognized her, it was Jack's girlfriend bimbo. I started stepping back and someone covered my mouth.

"I'm sorry. I saw the way it hurt you, when I kissed her. She didn't mean anything I promise." said a voice I recognized, but at this moment feared so much.

I started breathing heavily. He removed his hand from my mouth. I saw the body again, stabbed multiple times, blood everywhere, she was dead. 

I stepped away from Jack. "But..." I was speechless, especially since I was in the same room with my best friend, someone I'd known my whole life, killer.

************Comment / Vote / Fan**************** Happy Holidays