Why? What Happened?

I had managed to get some sleep next to Henry after hours of his comfort. But it did no good. I would wake up screaming and afraid. I decided to take a shower to calm my nerves. The hot water running down my body felt really good and it soothed me.

I felt really bad for Henry because he was being such a great friend. When I woke up abruptly he wouldn't go back to sleep until he made sure I was okay, but I could tell he was exhausted. At least for now I'd be okay. My phone was somewhere gone and I was alone completely alone.

I finished my shower, wrapped the blue towel around my body when I heard a beep, and then a ring. It was my phone, but how was that possible? I looked around and I saw my phone right next to the hand soap and I reached for it.

"Hello?"

"You think your safe, but your only more in danger, Jenny. You think that Henry's the one person you can trust the most right now, but he's not. When I went to jail he was my partner as soon as we came out-" I couldn't hear this anymore. It wasn't true, he was lying, but why would he?

I got a text from Jack 'You can't ignore it. I'm still your best friend, deep inside you still love me and you know I'm right.' it said and there was some pictures of me running my hands through my hair in the towel. 

I tried to stay calm, take deep breaths when I heard a knock on the door. "Jenny are you in there? Are you all right?"

I opened the door. Henry saw my face and asked "What's wrong?" 

"Nothing just thinking about Jack and what happened. How did I not know? How is that he's hid this from me all these years? I just think that I wont ever be able to trust anyone again, not like I ever trusted Jack." I whispered sadly.

"He shouldn't make you fear trusting others. Just because he's like that doesn't mean everyone is that way too" he whispered into my ear.

"I know, but he told me something," I conveyed sheepishly.

"What did he say?"

"He said you were his partner in crime." I whispered, small tears falling down my face.

Henry looked at me straight in the eyes and grabbed my shoulders. "You know he's just lying, cause he knows he's lost you and he wants you back, and he'll do whatever: lie, cheat..." he whispered softly. 

"I know I didn't believe him, but..." I didn't finish because I didn't know what to say.

"But what?"

My phone beeped again and I flinched, "Go change, get some of my clothes, I'll handle this." he ordered.

I walked into his room and looked for some clothes. I found a blue shirt and some shorts. I went outside of the bathroom to hear the conversation. 

"Stupid asshole, you almost blew my cover, but you failed cause she doesn't believe you. She trusts me especially after what you did, so careless. That's why you lost her so fast-" he was saying.

I gasped and I started running. Jack was right. I did know deep inside that he was right and he really was. I kept running. I opened the door and headed onto the street. I was too distracted that I didn't see the oncoming car until it was too late. 

I screamed, but the driver didn't see me in time. He stepped on the brake, but he still hit me, just not as hard. It still knocked me off my feet and left me staring up at the night sky barely gripping consciousness. The driver ran to see if I was okay as he called the ambulance. 

"Are you okay? I'm sorry I didn't see you." Was all he could say before I closed my eyes and heard nothing.

*********so what do you think? Comment / Vote / Fan ************************