What happened to him?

I woke up in the hospital bed. I heard distant sobs, so I turned. It was my mom. She was sitting in the chair sobbing loudly, I'm surprised I hadn't heard her. Jack was there too, trying to calm her down.

My mom stood up and walked to me. "Oh sweetheart, I'm sorry for leaving you. I won't do it again. I'm so glad you're okay" she said loudly causing my head to hurt.

"Mom-" I said trying to stop her as I sat up slowly. 

"I'm here now sweetheart, it's alright" she whispered kissing my head.

"Mom-" I beagn again, but it was no use. 

"Mrs. Karmen" Jack butted in, "Please let me speak to my girlfriend alone" he said in a flat tone. She looked at me and even through the tears, she winked at me and nodded.

"What happened?" Jack asked angrily.

"Mason came in and I couldn't move he took me out and he killed like three people. They shot him, but I don't know what happened..." I said crying.

Jack embraced me in a hug and made circles on my back to comfort me. "It's okay...shhh. Everything's okay now because I'm here and I won't let anything happen to you okay?" he crooned in my ear.

I cried a little longer and when I finally stopped he pulled away. He looked at me with sadness in his eyes and started to stroke my cheek.

"You know you can tell me anything right?" he asked looking at me intently with his grey eyes. I nodded.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" he asked me face inches from mine.

"No I don't think so" I whispered, my breath coming out faster. Did he know, that I held back from telling him about Mason. He leaned forward and kissed me softly. Maybe he didn't know after all. I wrapped my arms around his neck. 

We pulled away breathless. "Tell me how ling have you known it was Mason?" he asked.

I felt my body tense. "What?" I asked feigning surprise.

"Henry told me that you were going to tell him because you couldn't tell me" he began, pulling away from me and pacing quickly.

There was no point in lying anymore because he would know. "When he came to see me, but he said I couldn't tell you because if I did never see you again." I said as small tears fell down my face.

"You know that is a big lie, no one can do that, he can't hurt me" he said, running his hands through his hair.

"That's what I thought, but when he kicked you I was scared for you. I'm sorry Jack. It's just...I love you too much to lose you" I whispered.

Jack stopped pacing. He looked at me and smiled. "I love you too, but you need to know I can protect myself, okay" he asked taking my hand in his. "There's only one way to prevent this from happening again...I'm taking you home"

When he said he loved me I felt complete like there was nothing that could ruin this moment, except what did he just say? 'There's only one way to prevent this from happening again', wait what. "What do you mean from happening again I thought they had grabbed Mason?" I said fear slowly creeping back into me.

"I don't know what happened, but he got away" he said looking down. He pulled me into a tight hug. "I will not leave your side again untill they catch him okay?" he promised kissing my forehead.

"Does my mom already know?" I asked him.

"Ya she was the first one we told and she agreed immediately." Jack pulled away and cupped my cheek. His face showed sadness. "Just the thought of you is enough to send me looking for that asshole and kill him!" he spat. That made me freeze.

I tried to move his hand, but he came forward and began to kiss me. Was I in more danger here with Jack then I was with Mason. I couldn't respond to the kiss causing him to pull away.

"What's wrong?" he asked kissing my cheek.

"Nothing I'm just still freaked out about Mason" I said not exactly lying, but only telling him half of the truth.

He picked me up and brought me outside where there was a nurse standing behind a wheelchair. He set me on it and began to push it. 

My mom came running "Oh honey, you'll be safe okay" and she kissed the top of my head. I could still see how scared she was for what happened. I nodded and smiled. Jack kept pushing me out. It was daylight outside. 

"What's today?" I asked him. 

"Saturday, but don't worry I'm not going to go to school, not until I know your safe." Jack whispered kissing the top of my head. He helped me get into his car. The ride was an akward silence, but I didn't dare break it. We drove to his hous. I'd been here only once, but I felt really out of place. 

His house was a mansion, white and a couple of stories high. Columns lining the house. A black gate at the front and when he pushed the wheel chair to the stairs their were gargoyles. Jack stopped pushing the wheelchair and started to carry me bridal style. 

I closed my eyes and thought about what was going to happen. I really wanted a shower, but I couldn't stand for long. I opened my eyes and we were in a large bedroom. King sized bed, and blue comforters, the room was painted a light greenish color and it was very homey. There was a door that I think led to the bathroom and two big sliding glass doors that led outside to the beautiful patio outside.

He set me on the bed. "I want to take a bath. " I said looking at him. 

He set up everything so I could. I sat in the tub very comfortable. I took my time and it felt amazing I came out feeling refreshed and better. 

Jack brushed my hair while I sat in the wheelchair. "Do you really love me or did you just say that to make me feel good?" I asked curious.

He stood in front of me and came level with me. His lips came against mine. Thekiss was slow and deep. I felt his love and I knew that he hadn't just said it. 

"Nice" someone said. We broked apart and I felt my cheeks go red, maybe it was his dad-

Mason stood leaning against the door frame holding a gun pointing it at Jack...

---

****Hello tell me what you think. comment /fan / vote /. is this a cliffhanger or what???