Chapter 10

On our way to the house we had to stop and get slurpies and pizza like we always do. Then we went to the house and got changed to go swim.

(Also here's what the house looks like)

I couldn't swim because well yk so I'm just going to sit on the dock. I was done getting changed before everyone so I just went and sat on the dock with my feet in the water. I waited about 3 minutes till I heard someone running. I just assumed it was Payton about to jump in the water but no it was Faith. She jumped into the water and splashed me.

F: sorry
Y: it's fine
F: I wish you could get in
Y: me to but yk sharks 😂😂
F: yeah we don't want that 😂
Y: yeah um where Payton
F: oh I don't know maybe his shorts didn't fit
Y: or maybe he found another rope 😂
F: yeah maybe
Y: hey what's that
F: what

I pointed to a weird looking box in the woods across the lake

F: oh I don't know let me go look
Y: be careful
F: I will

She was half way over there when someone sat down beside me

Y: hi Payton
P: hi
Y: are you not gonna get in
P: not if you can't
Y: pay just go
P: no I'm not leaving yo- what is Faith doing
Y: well I seen this weird box over there and she went to go see what if was
P: oh shit

He jumped in the water and swam as fast as he could to her. "What is he doing"

Payton's POV:

When I seen Faith about to get that box I remember what I did the day y/n left. I took all of the pictures of us I had and the bracelets we made and other stuff like that in a box and hid it in the wood. I thought she was never coming back and I didn't want anything to remind me of her to make me sad. But when we started texting I got happy and completely forgot about that stupid box. As I was swimming I noticed that Faith was at the box trying to open it. Then I stopped and realized that it's locked and the key is in the house under the floorboards. "Well shit" I went to get the box anyway and Faith was confused on why I was taking it from her. I ignored her and swam back to y/n and set the box beside her.

Y: what is this
P: memories
Y: what kind of memories
P: ours
Y: what do you mean ours
P: I don't wanna talk about this right now

I got up and walked away with the box tightly gripped in my hand. I walked in the house closing to door behind me and went up to the bed which Faith had fixed up all nice earlier that day.

I sat down putting the box on the floor and lifting up the board to get the key

I sat down putting the box on the floor and lifting up the board to get the key. I unlocked the box and went through everything. The was old bracelets, pictures, and even the tickets to the first scary movie we ever seen together. And the wristbands to the carnival were we held hands for the first time on a roller coaster. I started to cry when I seen everything laid out on bed and just thinking about all these things that I haven't seen in 2 years. Then I heard someone coming up the stairs so I quickly wiped my eyes and put everything in the box.

A/n: sorry for such a short chapter but I swear I am trying to post more for you guys❤️❤️