ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴏʀ ᴀɴ ᴇᴛᴇʀɴɪᴛʏ

"sᴏ, ʙᴀʙʏ, ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ᴏʜ, ᴏʜ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴍᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ғᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ᴀᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪ'ʟʟ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴏɴ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ"

 ~ᴏɴᴇ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ 'sᴛʀᴏɴɢ'

Since that night I've very jumpy and short with people. I hadn't noticed until when Jacob and I were closing the cafe until after we'd see the Volturi and I jumped at him ringing the bell above the door.

"Jesus Lyds, are you alright."

"Fine," I said as I was finishing in my purse for the keys. "I have Ness' Christmas gifts in the car, we just have to drop them off at Charlie's and then we can go home," I said finally digging the key out. Jacob noticing my stress walked over and grabbed my hand.

"Hey, we got this alright." He said grabbing the key from me. "Yeah, I know you keep saying that," I said and he eyed me suspiciously. 

"Unless you know something I don't." He said and I gulped. I was keeping so many secrets from him and I hated myself for it. 

"I don't even know what it means. There was only so much Marie and Josh could help me with when they can't hear what I hear or feel what I feel." 

"Let me try and help. Try and make me understand, tell me what you hear. Don't be afraid to tell me how you feel." He said and I shook my head and looked away. 

"I feel like I'm in a freaking graveyard whenever I am around anyone. They are calling out names to me. How am I supposed to walk around like everything's going to be fine when I know who's gonna die." I said and his mouth was left open in shock. 

"Who is it, Lydia?" He asked and I couldn't help but let my eyes water. I was always on the verge of tears lately and there was never a shortage. 

"Jacob I can't keep lying to everyone," I said and he sighed. He couldn't even be mad at her for lying to him because he could see how it was tearing her apart. 

"Then tell me. Let me in." He said and I shook my head. "You'll think I'm crazy, you'll hate me for feeling the way I do," I said and he scoffed. 

"I could never hate you." He said and I just took a deep breath. "I can stop everyone from dying. I can save everyone and take down the Volturi." I said and his head turned to the side just like Seth's always did when he was confused. 

"What's the catch?" He said and that's when I gave him an uneasy look. "I might not be strong enough. I can do it but I might not live." I said and Jake just shook his head. 

The old Jake would have immediately told her no, that she wasn't doing it but this was the new Jacob. The new Jacob was faith in her, never has one doubt because he knows she loves him with everything she has, and that was more than enough for him. 

"I don't believe that." He said and I looked at him shocked. "You are stronger than all of us. You are a survivor. The accident with your dad, living between vampires and werewolves, transitioning into a banshee. I don't believe there is a force strong enough to take you. I don't believe the universe would allow that." He said even with a small smile on his lips. He spoke like he truly believed it. 

"Happy endings only happen in fairytales," I said and he rolled his eyes. 

"Good thing you are nothing like the princess' that sit around waiting to be saved. You are a warrior with a whole army behind you. You make your own happy ending." He said and I just shook my head at his stupid metaphor. 

"We could run. Take Ness, and leave everyone we love here to die. Is that what you want me to say? I'm not that guy anymore." He said and I wanted to break. I can't lie to him, if I do I'm no better than he was a year ago. 

"What if there was more at stake?" I asked and he threw his hands up confused. "What could mean more than everyone we love?" He asked as a tear rolled down my cheek. 

"I'm not going to lie to you, Jake. This is your choice too." I said and he still looked confused. 

"I know you're strong enough. Lydia, I believe in you." He said and I shook my head and looked him deeply in his eyes. 

"Would you feel that way if I told you I was pregnant?" 

Silence filled the air. Jacob so badly wanted to be selfish. He wanted to tell her no, he wouldn't feel that way. He wanted the guarantee that she'd survive, that the child would survive but he knew he couldn't. 

"It doesn't change a thing. I believe in you, in us but it will always be your choice. I will never try and take that from you." He said and I shook my head. 

"I don't think I can do it." I cried out as I fell apart in his arms. I was weak, Marie said it herself. 

"Then we'll fight. We will always fight for you." He said brushing the hair out of my face. How was he so strong? So fearless? 

If only she knew, she was what made him strong.

"Come on, let's go bring Ness her gifts and get home." He said wiping the tears that stained my cheeks. 

As we were walking out the door I flicked the open sign to closed and locked the door. Jacob and I walked out to the parking lot. She stopped not getting into the car. "What's the matter?" He asked and she just broke out a small smile. 

"I want to get married," I said and he chuckled. "Me too, Lyds." He said and I rolled my eyes. 

"No none of that June wedding crap, Jacob I want it now," I said and he just smiled like an idiot. 

"Really?" He asked and I nodded. 

"I want to make sure everyone we love is there."

•••

In the middle of the night, I was abruptly woken up by Rachel, Jake's sister. I woke up scared, my breathing heavy. I looked around to see a wide-eyed Jacob beside me and Paul in the door frame looking to his feet. 

"What happened?"

"You were screaming. Are you okay?" Rachel said holding onto my hand. I just nodded and looked at the two men who looked at me with sad eyes.

"Why are you guys looking at me like that?" I said and Jacob just grabbed my other hand. 

"You don't remember what you said?" He asked and I shook my head. 

"Seth," Paul said from the doorway. It's the voices. First Carlisle, now Seth. 

"We'll leave you two. Try and get some sleep." Rachel said grabbing Paul's hand and pulling him back into her room. 

"I'm doing it," I said and he just looked down at our hands. She loved Seth. She loved all of them, it wouldn't have mattered if the voices called for Seth or Jared or Sam or even Jacob himself. He knew she was going to do it. It's who she was and he who'd never change that about her.