ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏғғᴇᴇ sʜᴏᴘ

"ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ's ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʙᴇᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏʜ, ɪᴛ's ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʙᴇᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ" ~ᴄᴏɪɴ 'ʏᴏᴜᴜᴜ'

"That'll be three sixty-five," I said smiling at the gentleman sitting in front of me. I decided to get my job back at Forks Brew since I didn't plan on leaving for a while. Tom, my boss was getting older and needed help anyway so it worked out. 

Edward though didn't want me to go back. He's been really clingy in the past three weeks, he even asked me to move in to help with Bella. I don't mind but I just wish he'd stop avoiding Bella. Sam's been busy, he and Emily are planning the wedding and he's been working like crazy to pay for it. Paul and Jared have been busy as well with their imprints who became fast friends. I guess they all expected me to be gone by now so they all moved on. 

It feels like I'm back on my old routine, serving over-priced coffee drinks to the strange people of Forks. I did sometimes wish Sam or Josh would walk through the door with a cheesy smile hoping for some conversation and a famous cup of my hot chocolate but I've been disappointed every cold, dark night. 

"Do you mind closing tonight? I'm not feeling so good." Tom said and I smiled. 

"I've got nowhere else to be," I said and he nodded. 

"You're a good girl, maybe someday you'll open up your own shop." He said and I chuckled. 

"Just promise me one thing, when I go don't let them turn this place into another parking lot." He said and I smiled. 

"You got it." With one last glance, Tommy was out the door. He had no kids or other family all he had was that coffee shop. He liked Lydia, she never called out and she'd even go as far to help him out when he was diagnosed. He knew he'd never meet a soul kinder than Lydia.

The shop didn't close until ten, but by eight o'clock it was already empty. I took this time to start balancing the books for Tommy, I didn't want him to have to worry about doing it in the morning. 

"Where can a guy get a good cup of coffee around here?" A voice asked causing me to look up, I hadn't even heard the bell ring. 

"Seth," I said with a smile. I had always loved seeing him, you could see my eyes light up. 

"How'd you get here?" I asked. He was only sixteen, there was no way he could drive and it was pretty far from the Rez. 

"I drove." He said with a wink as he walked towards the counter. "Oh really?" I asked with a smile. 

"Never again Seth," Jacob said trailing in looking exhausted. 

"Don't listen to him."

"He almost crashed my car twice. You'd think with the heightened senses he'd be good at driving." Jacob said finally letting out a deep breath he'd probably been holding in that entire ride. I couldn't help but laugh. 

"Oh no not the rabbit," I said remember Jacob's old classic Volkswagen Rabbit. He was in love with that car. 

"Lyds will you let me practice in your car?" Seth asked and I chuckled. 

"Oh Honey, no not the BMW," I said and he frowned while Jake smiled. "So how did this come to be?" I asked and Jake blushed slightly embarrassed. 

"Jake and I have been hanging out a lot. He's been teaching me stuff like how to shave and fix cars and well now drive a car. Next, I'm learning how to drive a stick." Seth said and I smiled widely, even Jake noticed. I was incredibly proud of Jacob for doing the things Harry Clearwater never got the chance to do. 

"Just be safe, and always wear a seatbelt," I said and he rolled his eyes. 

"Yes ma'am."

I chuckled at Seth's sarcasm and then my eyes met Jacob's. We just smiled at each other.

"Okay, I'm gonna go somewhere where it's not so weird," Seth said breaking our gaze as he walked outside giving us the space he thought we needed. 

"So..." Jacob trailed off trying to break the silence. 

"My dad wants to have this thing and I completely understand if you don't want to come. It's a bonfire. I just- that's where we first really bonded after everything and-" He kept going on and I smiled reaching out and touching his arm. 

"I'd love to Jake. That really was a good night." I said thinking back to it. I think that was the first time I knew Jacob and I were meant for much more than friends and after our encounter a few weeks ago, I had remembered the love I had for him and hearing him with Seth tonight I had instantly fallen back in love with him. 

"Great. Dad misses you and Sam too. When was the last time you've been to the Rez?" Jake asked and I shrugged. 

"About three weeks. I know everyone's busy so I've just been giving everyone there space." I said and he gave me a look. He knew I was bullshitting him immediately. It was crazy he could already read me like a book. 

"I guess they don't need to worry about me anymore so they've all kind of forgotten about me. It's okay though, we've all ought to grow up sometime." I said and Jacob frowned. 

"It doesn't work that way at the Rez, you'll see one day." He said and I chuckled.

"And when's that?" I asked flirtatiously and he just grabbed my hand where his mother's engagement ring sat perfectly on my finger. 

"One day when we're married, I'm thinkin' a June wedding." He started with a wink and I just chuckled. 

"Anyway, I'll be working out of my own shop and you'll be working as some hotshot businesswoman and then, comes the pack. Cooking with Emily on Sundays, I know you used to love doing that." He said and I just laughed.

"What can you see the future now?" I asked and he smiled. 

"Not like that girl Alice, but I know what I want, and its a future with you."