ᴜɴɴᴇᴄᴇssᴀʀʏ ᴀᴘᴏʟᴏɢɪᴇs

"ᴀ ɴᴇᴄᴇssɪᴛʏ ғᴏʀ ᴀᴘᴏʟᴏɢɪᴇs ʙᴇᴛᴡᴇᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴇ ʙᴀʙʏ, ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ɴᴏɴᴇ" 

~ᴏɴᴇ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ 'ᴡᴀʟᴋɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴅ'

It's been a week since Ness was born, and since everything had happened. Jacob had arranged for Sam and me to see each other and I was honestly terrified. I had slept at Edward's to help with the baby since no offense he was clueless when it came to changing diapers.

It helped me keep my mind off of Sam, but every once in awhile I'd think about him and how mad he must be, I'd think about Paul and how much we drifted apart. Edward heard it all and when he did he would send a message to Sam. They were enemies, yes but they had one thing in common and that was Lydia.

I was standing on the back porch holding Ness when Jacob walked up. "Look, Ness, it's your uncle Jake," I said turning her to face him. She smiled brightly.

"Hey, gorgeous." He said walking up the steps. He touched the back of her head as he leaned over and kissed my cheek.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked and I made a straight face as I moved nervously.

"Ed wanted to take Ness to the park. I don't think he should go alone-" I went to say but he cut me off with a sigh.

"Rose can go with him." He said and I shrugged.

"But she'd much rather her aunt Lydia and uncle Jake," I said giving him the pleading eyes.

"Next time. Come on Lyds, we have to go." He said and I frowned. I knew he was right. "Give me my daughter and go see Sam. He's missed you." Edward said walking outside and I just frowned hugging Ness.

"Tell your dad that you love me more," I said and she just smiled cheekily. As Edward held his arms out I sighed before giving him, Ness.

"What if he doesn't forgive me? What if they hate me?"

"I don't think anyone could ever hate you," Jake said and Edward just chuckled.

"If it gets weird then we tell him we have to meet with the realtor," I said and Jake agreed promptly. I had decided to put my childhood home up for sale, I was tired of being in that big house all alone.

"There she is! Where have you been loca?!." Paul said picking me up and spinning me around while Jared chuckled from beside him.

"Take an easy there," Jacob said and Paul raised a brow as he stopped in his steps putting me down but still holding me at his side.

"Alright, I like how things are going here but we'll always have gossip girl," Paul said overdramatic and I smiled as I playfully shoved him.

"Come on, Emily made your favorite," Paul said grabbing my hand and pulling me inside with Jacob trailing.

As soon as I got inside my eyes met his and the room went dead silent. His face immediately softened when he looked into my eyes. All he could think of was how he almost lost her to the Volturi less than a week ago, and that broke his heart.

"Lydia, the wedding planner called me this morning. Thank you so much but we can't-" Emily said stopping in front of me. I just smiled at her and hugged her. I sent the wedding planner a check to pay for all the wedding expenses so that she can make every one of Emily's dreams come true.

"You deserve it. Just promise me that you won't put me in an ugly brides made dress." I said clinging onto her as I felt her sniffle. I knew they were happy tears.

"I'll give you two some space. Boys why don't you come help me in the living room." Emily said and Paul and Jared didn't even put up a fight they just immediately followed behind her.

Jacob didn't move though, he stood tall behind her as he stared at Sam. He knew Sam wouldn't hurt her but Jacob couldn't help but feel protective over her feelings as well.

I was feeling lost for words. Me lost for words? Who would've ever thought Lydia the queen of rambling could ever not have something to say.

Sam didn't know what to say either. When he looked at her he saw that same girl who came crying to him while he was at work. He saw that same scared lonely girl who wanted nothing more than family. He, himself wanted to cry at the sight of her.

"Are you two ever going to say something?" Jacob said and we both just looked at him with lost expressions.

"I'm really sorry Sammy-" I went to say but he stopped me by waving his hands as he moved forward.

"You don't have to apologize. I'm sorry I pushed you too hard with school, you were pulling away from us and I didn't know what to do." He said and I just walked over to him and hugged him.

"I love you, Sammy." As I felt him begin to hug back.

"Love you too, Loca."

"I hope you know you're going to be stuck with me forever," I said and he chuckled as we released each other but he held me to his side.

"Can't wait." He said with a soft smile on his lips.

"I'm looking at that house across the way," I said and he stiffened.

"I've also been the wolf girl, I think it's time to make it official," I said looking up at him as he held onto my side.

"Yeah we're thinking a June wedding," Jacob said with a goofy smile while I chuckled.

"He's kidding," I said with wide eyes while Jacob just chuckled.

"I'm not," Jake said and Sam just laughed and shook his head.