ʜᴏʀʀᴏʀ ᴏғ ᴀ ʜᴏɴᴇʏᴍᴏᴏɴ

"ʜᴇʏ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ, ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ sɪᴅᴇ? ʜᴇʏ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ, ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴄʀʏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ᴏᴜʀ ʟɪᴠᴇs? ᴏʜ ɪ ᴡɪsʜ ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪsʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ? ᴏʜ ɪ ᴡɪsʜ ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏʜ ɪ ᴡɪsʜ ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ, ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ, ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ"

~ᴏɴᴇ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ 'ʜᴇʏ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ'

I was seated in Carlisle's office at his desk while he paced around the room nervously. I had just asked him a question on a very touchy subject.

"Lydia it doesn't work like that." He replied as his fingers tapped nervously on his thigh.

"Carlisle, it's not-" I went to say but he cut me off.

"There's no removing the imprint. There is not a force strong enough." Carlisle said as he stopped in front of me.

"I know it's been a tough time since the wedding but time heals all wounds." He said and I smiled softly.

"I just want to know that when I do let him in again it's for real and not because of some stupid imprint." I said and Carlisle pondered the thought before walking over to his large book shelf.

"I don't have much on shifters or imprints but I do know from a vampires point of view. Esmae and I we have our quarrels but let it be known that any time she has forgiven me or vice versa we've made it based on our love for each other not some stupid mate bond." Carlisle said actually helping me with this a lot. Everyone knows I usually go to Edward when making a decision or needing advise but he's off on his honeymoon.

"Thank you Carlisle." I said and he nodded with a chipper smile.

"Anytime. The family should be back from hunting any minute." He said and I stood up and followed him down the stairs where the rest of the Cullen clan walked through the slide in glass door.

"Hey shortcake. I thought you couldn't come by today." Emmett said and I shrugged.

"Mother heard news of a clan in Africa with amazing gifts. She's trying to convince them to help against the Volturi." I said and Rose's expression dropped.

"So she left you, again!" She exclaimed. It was no secret how much she hated that woman.

"Yeah but that's alright she's doing her best to help Luke and besides I didn't need her this far and I think I'll be fine without her." I said and Rose smiled ear from ear. She knew what I meant. I didn't need her because I had Rose.

Suddenly Jasper jumps up from his seat when he see's the panicked look on her face.

"Call Bella." She said and faster than humanly possible I pulled out my phone and dialed her number.

"Why? What's wrong?" Carlisle asked her while Jasper sat calmingly stroking her arm.

"I don't know, I can't make out what I saw. It's impossible." She said looking at Jasper for support.

"Bella are you alright?" I asked as soon as she picked up the phone.

"I'm not a hundred precent sure." She said confusing me. What was she unsure of?

"Why? What's wrong? Alice just-" I went to say but stopped.

"What did she see?" Bella asked and I looked around the room confused before meeting eyes with Carlisle.

"Here's Carlisle." I said handing him the phone but promptly putting it on speaker since I wasn't blessed with the supernatural hearing.

"Bella, what's going on?" He asked speaking at the phone he held in his hand.

" I don't know, I'm a little worried. Can vampires go into shock?" She asked and my eyes widened as I went to leap of the couch but Rose grabbed my hand keeping me seated.

"Has Edward been hurt?" Carlisle asked with a nervous tone.

"No. I know that it's impossible, but I think that I'm pregnant." Bella said and my eyes opening wider than ever before, I looked at Carlisle.

"Woah! Carlisle, I swear, something just moved inside me." Bella said and we heard sudden movement on the other side

"Is this even possible?" Edward asked shakily into the phone with heavy unnecessary breaths.

"I don't know." Carlisle said in shock himself.

"Ed listen to me. Just hurry home okay, we can figure it out. I'll see you soon." I said hoping to calm him a bit.

When the line went dead I felt a pit in my stomach. "What do we do now?" I asked looking around the room but no one had an answer. Carlisle used his speed to go up to the office while I looked to Rose.

"We wait." She said and I couldn't help but have Carlisle voice ringing through my ears.

"Time heals all wounds."

• • •

"How much longer?" I asked Rose as I impatiently sat at the bar in the kitchen sipping the coffee she had made me.

"Any minute but until we figure this out you can't tell Sam. He could use this to rage war against us." She said and I squinted confusingly at her.

"He wouldn't do that." I said and she took an unnecessary deep breath.

"He wouldn't have a choice." She said before her head turned towards the living room.

"He's here." She said paying Bella's existence no mind, little did she know that would be the last time she did that.

When we walked into the living room Bella was already being ushered upstairs by Carlisle for testing while Edward sat on the arm of the couch with his head in his hands.

"We're going to figure this out."I said sitting beside him putting my hand comfortably on his ice cold thigh.

"She wants to keep it. Lydia we know nothing about this, this thing it's going to kill her." He said through his teeth with each word.

"We don't know that. This could be a miracle baby, this could be what saves lives not takes them." I said and he glanced over to me.

"Are you saying that in a I'm a banshee and I know-" Edward went to say but I cut him off as he sounded way to much like me.

"I'm saying maybe this way she doesn't have to give up being a mother to be with you. Let's give her a chance." I said surprisingly for once taking her side.