ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ɪᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴᴛ

"ᴅᴏ ɪ ᴇᴠᴇʀ, ᴅᴏ ɪ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴄʀᴏss ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴍɪɴᴅ? ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʀʏɴᴀ ʀᴜɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇss ᴀᴛ ᴀʟʟ"
~sʜᴀᴡɴ ᴍᴇɴᴅᴇs 'ʀᴜɪɴ'

"It's just of all of sudden she was standing there and all I wanted to do was be close to her, for her skin to touch mine." Jacob said almost breathlessly. They were standing in Emily's kitchen, Jacob had came to him he was confused about what an imprint really was but all he knew was how he felt.

"It's normal Jake, it's what happens when you-" Sam attempted to reassure him but Jake cut him off having a big realization.

"Imprint. I imprinted on Lydia." Jacob said staring past Sam unknown to them she had been in the doorway, she heard everything.

"You did what?" I asked a slight crack in my voice.

"Lydia don't freak out." Sam said and I looked to him with wide eyes.

"How do you expect me not to freak out. This can't be happening-this can't happen." I said obviously freaking out.

"Lydia." Jacob said lightly going to take a step towards me but I stepped back and grabbed the door knob.

"No Jacob, not now please, I-uh actually came to deliver some news. You both weren't answering your phones so Billy sent me." I said looking out the window to Paul who was waiting in the car before turning back.

"Harry Clearwater had a heart attack, he's non responsive." I said having a hard time to put my words together.

"What do you mean non responsive?" Jake asked and I sighed.

"He's dead Jacob." I said almost breathlessly.

"I told Sue I'd go pick up Seth so Paul's gonna drive me over." I said and Sam just took a deep sigh.

"But Lydia." Jacob called back as I turned to leave.

"Just both of you get to Sue's when you can, it's more bearable when there's family around." I said and with one last sigh I walked out of the house and got into Paul's Jeep.

"So Jacob imprinted." I blurted out staring into the black dash in front of me. I was completely blown away, I guess it makes sense. Why he was acting so weird, why Bella said he was looking at me.

He was imprinting, he phased for the first time not to long ago and so soon he's found the person he was meant to be with forever.

"It doesn't have to be like Sam and Emily. An imprint can be whatever you need. A lover, a friend, a protector." Paul said as he drove, he had to get over and he did so it was okay for them to talk about this.

"Well what if I don't need any of that? I love Josh and I have you for a friend. I for hell sure don't need a protector, I can take care of myself." I said getting slightly wound up. This was to much to handle.

Harry Clearwater an elder that we all look up to was dead leaving behind a wife and kids. I can't tell the boy I've been in love with since we were kids that I love him because I can't be honest with him about everything. And now this..this unexpected and unexplainable thing that I'm not even sure I understand has happened.

"I know you can Lyds. I'm sure you two will figure it out in time." Paul said as he put his Jeep in park as we sat in front of the Reservation school.

"This is gonna reck him." I said blinking heavily, I knew how it felt to lose a parent, especially one you're so close to.

"He'll get through it okay? He looks up to you and if you got through it I'm sure he will too." Paul said unknowingly saying exactly what I needed to hear.

If I was someone worth looking up to than I can get through this.

Paul and I got out of the car and walked into the office.

"Hello how can I-" The office woman went to say but stopped as she saw Paul who's gaze stayed at his feet as he stood behind me.

"Mr. Lahote back for another detention?" She asked raising a brow at the now grown man. He did only graduate a few years ago.

"No ma'am." Paul said refusing to look up causing an amused smirk to form on my lips.

"Now what can I do for you sweetheart?" She asked me with a very friendly smile.

"We are here to pick up Seth Clearwater, there's a family emergency." I said and she pulled up his file.

"Name?" She asked and I said my full name.

"You aren't an authorized-" She went to say but I stopped her.

"His dad just suffered and died from a heart attack, his mom is in no condition to drive." I said and her face grew soft.

"I'll walk you to his class." She said in a low voice as she stood up from her desk. Paul wrapping a supportive arm around me as I held back any tears that wanted to fall. He looked up to me, I had to be strong.

The woman knocked on a door and waited a moment before opening the door, whispering to the teacher she called Seth for early dismissal.

She held the door for him to walk out and he looked confused to see us.

"Lydia!" He said excitedly as he hugged me. I hugged him back but looked to Paul with such disparity in my eyes.

"Hey Seth." I said with a light sigh as I released the boy and began walking down the hall him between Paul and I.

"So what's going on? It's kinda weird you picking me up especially with Paul Lahote, hey man." Seth said being his adorably blunt self. Paul just sent him a nod.

"Okay, now before I say anything, I want you to know that you are loved. By me, your family, friends. You are important." I said meaning every word. I didn't want him to go through what I did when I lost my dad and brother, the emptiness and feeling alone.

"Your freaking me out." He said looking around in despair.

"Your dad had a heart attack-"I went to say but his rambling self cut me off.

"He's okay though right?" He asked and I looked to Paul uneasily.

"Say right?" Seth said with a crack in his voice, tears quickly welling up in his eyes.

He just broke into a fit of tears and I quickly pulled him into my arms just letting him cry as Paul watched with understandable pity in his eyes.

I was helping Emily make tea when my phone rang. When I picked it up I learned it was Jacob.

"Hey I know I'm supposed to be at Sue's but I'm driving Bella home." Jacob said into the phone as soon as I picked up.

"I thought she was having dinner with Charlie?" I said confused, that's what she told me.

"I don't know I found her cliff diving." He said ignoring the dirty look that the brunette beside him was giving him. She was lucky he didn't tell her that she jumped and almost died.

"Alone! Is she crazy!" I exclaimed as I was outside of Sue's house.

"Can you meet me at her house." Jacob said looking at the girl beside him, he didn't know why she didn't but he knew Lydia could help.

"Please." He added in a lighter tone.

"Yeah of course." I said knocking on the window that I saw Paul facing and waving him outside.

"Okay I'll see you there." He said with a low sigh.

"Okay." I said hanging up the phone. Paul has given me the keys to his his Jeep and I drove over to Bella's.

When I got to Bella's I didn't even care when I badgered into her house and immediately started yelling.

"Bella what the hell were you thinking?" I said not even noticing the other presence in the room.

"I understand what your going through is hard but don't you ever try something stupid again! You could've died." I said and when Bella want to speak she got cut off by someone clearing their throat.

Turning my head I took a gasp in surprise.

"Alice."