One shot(Seamus)

Requested by: iloveracetrack

You were sitting in transfigurations class. You were seated with your best friend at the back of the class, as usual. You loved Transfigurations, but recently it's been hard for you to concentrate. Why you may ask? The answer would be Seamus Finnigan. You've had the biggest crush on him since second year. And unfortunately, he found out two weeks ago because some stupid Slytherin decided to open their big fat mouth and tell him. And as you would have expected, he's been ignoring you since.

You sighed thinking about it. Great, now there's no way he's ever gonna ask you to the Yule Ball. You forced yourself to focus on what Professor McGonagall was saying before you got caught daydreaming. The last thing you need is to be embarrassed in front of the whole class.

Class has just finished and now was lunch time. Your best friend had told you she wanted to go to the library for an emergency so it looks like you'll be walking to the Great Hall alone. You were walking out of the class when a hand grabbed you by your robes. "Hey! What gives?!" You hissed. You look up to see Dean Thomas, Seamus's best friend. "Oh hey Dean. Sorry for shouting at ya. What's up?" He chuckles. "That's alright, probably shouldn't have pulled you like that. Anyways, I wanted to tell you something. I think it's best you know." You were really not having a good feeling about this.

"It has something to do with Seamus. Doesn't it" He nodded causing you to sigh. "Does my brother know?" You ask. "Which brother?" "Ronald. My twin". Dean shakes his head and you let out a breathe of relief. Ronald was a little protective of you sometimes. But not too bad. You nod at Dean allowing him to continue. "Seamus has asked Lavender to the Yule Ball".

You felt your heart break. Half of you was sad, upset. Half of you was mad at him. Not because he didn't ask you, but because you were done with him ignoring you. I mean, sure you liked him but that shouldn't get in the way of your friendship. You tried showing no sadness or anger. Instead you gave Dean a smile "Thank you for telling me, Dean". He gives you a sad smile and walks off. You take a deep breathe trying to suppress tour anger. Alright time to confront him. You walked into the Great hall with confidence. You walk up to Seamus and tap him on the shoulder, making him turn around.

"Anything I can help with, Weasley?" Oh this just infuriated you ten times more. "So we're on surname basis now huh Finnigan" He scowls at this. You just give him a death glare feeling so fed up with his immaturity. "May I speak to you?". You say glaring at him. He got up and walked out with you. If there was one thing the school knew, it was that no one should meds with your temper. You were gentle and loyal but if anyone messed with your anger, it ain't gonna be pretty.

You guys walk out of the Great Hall and he looks a little nervous. You stop and turn to him "What is wrong with you???" You hissed making sure it wasn't too loud. "What do ye mean?" "Oh don't play dumb with me, Seamus. You're being immature. I ain't mad you cause u didn't ask me to the ball, I'm mad cause you're ignoring me just cause I have a stupid crush on you!" You said your chest rising up and down as you were taking deep breathes to make sure not to shout. Seamus didn't answer you and just looked down at his feet.

"I'm sorry" he mumbled. You scoff "now you seem guilty about it?" This makes him look at you "It's not my fault I have a crush on you too!" He hissed until he realised what had just slipped out from his mouth, making him put his hands over his mouth. You just stood there frozen, wow this really wasn't what you were expecting. "So...you ignored me cause u were scared cause u liked me too?" You asked hesitantly. "Yeah" he said shoving his hands into his pockets and not daring to look at you.

You smiled at this and put your hand on his shoulder. He looked up at you and you could see the relief in his eyes. "Y/N?" "Hmmm?" "Do ya maybe wanna go to the ball with me?... I know I've been a jerk lately but I hope you'll agree, I really like you ya know" he said. You smiled at him "It'll be my pleasure. But what about Lavender?" "I'll just tell her, besides she seems like she would rather go with Ron anyways" and you both laugh.

You guys walked back to the hall in comfortable silence when you suddenly felt his hand slip into yours, intertwining your fingers together. You felt heat rush to your cheeks and your heart felt like it was gonna pop out of your chest. He smiles at you, using his thumb to stroke the back of your hand. Before you guys went in he kisses your hand making you wanna faint on the spot but you kept a smile on your face. "Goodluck telling your brothers" he says with a smirk and then winks at you before going in, separating your hands.

Oh gosh, you're so in love.