Chapter 34

AN: *casually drops chapter like Beyoncé dropped that album except not because no one comes close to Beyoncé*
YOU NEED TO READ THIS
ok so this chapters gonna be jumping between both povs for various reasons but since its been awhile I suggest rereading the last chapter
also the dates will be messed up because they're tailored for this story.
If this chapter confuses you, sorry, it's supposed to be their relationship flashing before them which was really hard to write and I worked really hard to make it as easy to comprehend as possible but some people didn't get it.

"I will show you"

February 27, 2013 (Connor's POV)
The crowd got steadily louder as we walked down the utility hall towards the big stage.
"Hey" Tyler whispered, grabbing my shoulder "you ok?"
"Ya" I responded "just really nervous for some reason."
I twiddled my thumbs for the rest of the walk so as to not call attention to my nerves. That was until I heard a distinct South African accent. I looked up just in time to see his small frame walk away.
"Who was that?" I whispered to Tyler.
"That adorable little twink?" he smirked "His name was Troye, Troye Sivan."
At that point we walked up the stairs to the stage with thousands of people screaming in excitement; the next hour went by in a whirlwind of questions and laughter. Once the panel ended, Tyler started a conversation with that same boy. I walked up behind him to wait for him which is when they both noticed me.
"Hey Con!" Tyler greeted me "this is Tr-"
I stuck my hand out towards the boy and smiled shyly.
"Hi, I'm Connor, Connor Franta."
He took my hand in his and giggled lightly.
"I'm Troye, Troye Sivan."

May 13, 2013 (Troye's POV)
Tyler's plane was supposed to get in 20 minutes ago and he still hadn't texted or called me, I was just about to text him when my phone started ringing loudly.
"Tilly! It's about time, your plane was supposed to be here 20 minutes ago."
"Ya it did, we just had to get our luggage so I figured I'd wait to call.
"I could've been there waiti- wait, who's 'we'?"
"Oh, well, me and your surprise."
"What surprise?"
"You'll see!"
"Tyler I swea-"
The line went dead. That idiot, why can't he just tell me. I quickly put on my shoes and grabbed my keys, not being able to go fast enough, and ran to my car.
My excitement grew until I got to the airport, at which point I felt like I was going to explode. I parked my car and ran to the baggage claim terminal. I ran through groups of people looking for Tyler until I saw a head of red hair, glasses rimmed eyes glued to a phone screen. Found him.
"Tyler!"
The eyes detached from the screen and locked with mine.
"Troye!"
I ran up to him and wrapped him in a big hug.
"As much as I love this love fest, I'm feeling kind of left out." I heard someone say from behind me.
I quickly turned around and was face to face with Connor. Oh god it was Connor. I know he isn't out yet and may not even be gay, but I can't help the way I feel around him.
"Hi, C-Connor."
"Hi, T-Troye." he mimicked me, giggling.
I just smiled and gave him long hug, not caring if it got awkward, I just wanted to be close to him.

May 14, 2013 (Connor's POV)
I need to tell him. I want to tell him. Soon. Now.
I checked my phone for the time.
7:45 AM.
I'm sure he isn't awake but I could wake him up sweetly and make it cute.
I climbed out of bed and quietly crept out of the guest bedroom and down the hall to Troye's room, not wanting to wale up anyone else in the house. I entered Troye's room and was met with the sight of his sleeping face and messed up hair wrapped in a bundle of blankets. I walked over to his bed and lightly sat down on the edge next to him. I tentatively ran my thumb over his cheek.
"Troye."
I shook his shoulder.
"Troye."
"Go away." he grumbled.
"Troye Sivan Mellet wake up."
He opened his eyes into a glare but jumped when he saw me.
"Connor?"
"Morning."
"Where's Tyler?"
"He went to the store, he forgot some hair stuff or whatever. He left a note."
"Oh."
"Can I talk to you? There's just something I've been needing to tell you."
"Sure, come here." he said, patting the spot next to him on his bed.
I swung my legs onto the bed and crawled to the spot.
"Can I get under the blankets?"
"No, Connor, I'm going to make you freeze."
I just stared innocently at him in response, to which I got an eye roll.
"Come on."
I giggled and snuggled under the blankets.
"So what is it that you wanted to tell me?"
"Well, I've been wanting to for a while, kind of since I've met you, I've just been really nervous because the only other person I've told is Tyler."
"You don't have to be nervous, Connor, I'll always be here for you."
"I know. Please don't look at me differently, I know you wouldn't, it's just hard."
"I understand, just take your time."
"Well, ok, so um I-I'm gay."
Troye wrapped his arms around me and brought me close to him so that I was enveloped in a warm hug.
"Thank you, Troye."
"I'm so happy for you, Con."
I looked up and locked eyes with him, butterflies swerving about in my stomach.
Everything slowed.
He brought his hand to cup my cheek and I fluttered my eyes shut. His lips met with mine and it was pure bliss.