Chapter 25

"He knows..." 

I stumble down the stairs and sprint along the hall back to Kaius. 

Entering the passage, I don't even bother to close the door.  

"Kaius!" I shout, not even at the bottom of the stairs.

He leans forward from the wall, concern strewn all over his face, "What is it?" 

"He knows! Ahren knows I have been here! He has cameras everywhere, he's been watching us!" I panic and take hold of the chain attached to the wall and try yanking it out, "we have to get you out of here!" 

"Calm down, calm down." He takes a hold of my shoulders making me look at him, "I'll help."

After strenuous minutes of desperately pulling at the restraints, I feel a slight budge in one of the rusty nails.

"Kaius, that one moved!"

"Here, pull harder." 

We focus on trying to release the unstable nail. But as we feel a little more progress, I am suddenly grabbed by someone and yanked back to them.

I gasp, "Ahren." 

He is utterly furious, his teeth gritted and breathing heavily. 

He looks back at pleading Kaius.

"Ahren, no. Let her go, please just let her go!" He  tries to reach for me but Ahren kicks him back.

"I'll deal with you later." He spits. Then drags me out by the arm. 

I claw at his hand  and yell at him but nothing is stopping him.

"Ahren stop it! Let me go! Let Kaius go, please!

He takes me to a room and I grab hold on the door way in a desperate attempt to escape him. Nothing deters him. He grabs a hold of me by the waist and lifts me over his shoulder.

I scream and thrash but this boy is strong he can't be outmatched by a smaller girl like me. 

He locks the door after entering then puts me on a big wooden table in the room. Taking a hold of my wrist, In one swift motion he lifts a pair of handcuffs out of a drawer and attaches me to the table. 

He then leaves my side and rummages through a white cabinet. All the while saying nothing.

I jump off the table and pull at the cuffs. It only hurts my wrist. And the table is heavy.

"You can't get out of them. With those weak arms of yours I'd like to see you drag that table across the room." He scoffs as he continues what he is doing.

"Why Can't you just leave me alone for once in your life." He stops rummaging and clenches his jaw, "Yeah, that's right, I got my memories back. I remember everything." I sneer at him.

"You don't think I know that?" He laughs, "I'm not an idiot." 

"How long have you known...that I found Kaius?"

He apparently finds what he is looking for and takes it out of the drawer, "I had cameras down there,  I have known since you first went down when we got here. I was watching very closely. Only I was a bit disappointed to look today and see that my precious Avy was trying to help that loser escape." He takes a cloth in his hand and douses it with something. At this moment I realize what it is. 

Again, I start frantically trying to escape and get away from him.

He slowly struts closer, "You know Kaius was right about something; I am smarter than you think." 

He grabs me and puts the cloth to my face. But I don't give up without a fight. I try and kick him but he dodges it and moves behind me, restraining my arms and pressing me against himself. 

I start to feel kind of drowsy, and I am having a harder time fighting against him.

"That's it, that's it, sshh. Go to sleep." He whispers in my ear. 

Down to the last moment I resist, but eventually, Consciousness slips away from me.