-Epilogue-

Roxannes POV

"You look pretty" Ramona smiled at me as she looked at me through the mirror.

"Thanks Ro" I hugged her.

"You think Grayson will like it" I asked referring to the dress. "He'll love it"

Graduation day.

The day that every highschooler looks forward to the moment they enter high school.

I was kind of excited despite loosing most of my senior year to nightmares, panic attacks, therapists, PTSD, and a dash of survivors guilt.

"Remember, if you feel yourself getting worked up we can just leave" Mom said handing me my cap giving me the worried look that's been engraved on her face since that first day at the hospital.

"I'll be okay mom, I promise" I gave her the best smile I could muster.

I was mostly doing this for her, so she could see me walk across that stage and then have a pasta dinner at a full Olive Garden.

We arrived at the school and I took a deep breath before exiting the car.

"Hey, Roxanne!" A group of girls passed by waving and smiling.

I sent them a small smile and a wave, everyone was nicer after the cabin.

"Hey" Grayson walked up to me Ethan behind him.

"Hey guys" I didn't have to force a smile this time.

"You guys ready?" Ethan said.

"Whooo!" We turned to see Tamera dancing over to us.

We looked over and laughed at her ridiculous dance moves.

"Come on guys! Let's turn the fuck up!" She said walking up to us.

"Language Tammy!" My mom playfully scolded her.

"My bad" she said. "Let's go losers!"

We entered the school and walked towards the auditorium with some other graduates and I looked to the side seeing the memorial for Cassandra.

I stopped in my tracks looking at her photo.

Flashes of the night in the basement flooded my head and I rushed to the bathroom needing to be away from the large crowd.

I opened the door and it was filled with girls. At this point the tears were about to start streaming down my face.

I thankfully found an empty hall as the tears fell, I couldn't breath.

I tried to take deep breaths but I couldn't. I fell to my knees and started crawling trying to breath.

Broken sobs left my mouth as my cap fell off but I didn't care for it.

"Roxanne!" I felt a hand on my back before feeling a hand on my face.

It was Grayson.

"Hey, breathe come on" he encouraged. "Come on with me" he breathed in. "In" he breathed out "out"

I followed him until I was leaning against him crying and hiccuping.

"Shh, it's okay" he rubbed my back.

"I'm okay" I said sitting up on my own as I wiped my tears.

"You sure?" He asked cautiously.

"Yeah, I just need some water and a trip to the bathroom but I'm okay" I nodded leaning against the locker.